Legends of the Hidden Temple Silver Monkey replica. PICS!

rileyreplicas

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all! It has been sometime since I had posted any projects and thought I would show you guys what I have been up to :) I was approached to make a silver monkey statue from a show that was on Nickelodeon called Legends of the Hidden Temple. I was commissioned to build a replica of the piece which was actually a puzzle. Below are some pics of the piece. It is part of a traveling exhibit celebrating the 20 anniversary of the Nickelodeon. After they got the piece it was a such a hit they commissioned me to make a second one and now they are both used in games with the exhibits. Lot of fun working on these pieces! I had no idea what this thing was but some of you younger guys might remember it :)

Thanks for looking!

2.jpg 3.jpg4.jpg

video clip of it in action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=193_qs3RL0Y

I watched this show all the time growing up and just couldn't for the life of me understand how the kids couldn't put the darn thing together. Yours looks fantastic!

Thanks for the kind words guys! If you watch the video clip you will see that the 2 monkeys I made are taking some serious abuse! LOL This project was a trick to figure out how to make it where it would come apart and then assemble with the rod going through the body. Funny thing is I made the first one back in Oct. 2015 then in April I was hired to make the second one. Of course I did not have a mold of this thing! It was just carved foam that was then hard coated so then came the task of trying to copy my copy! Good times, Good times :)

IMG_3683.JPGIMG_3684.JPGIMG_3688.JPG

Last edited:
I've been looking into building one of these things for ages now but I'm glad someone beat me to the punch. I'll definitely look to your work for reference/inspiration when I get around to mine.

Thanks guys and Poopa when you get around to making this drop me a line and I can send you some more pics! Honestly what little reference I had on this I have no idea how close it is to the real prop. All that Nickelodeon could provide were some grainy pics and some youtube videos! LOL

This is awesome. I've been wanting to attempt this too for an Indiana Jones and the Legend of the Hidden Temple mashup cosplay. Like you said finding good reference photos is super hard and I've never sculpted before. Seeing yours at least lets me know that no matter how bad I fail at it, someone has done an awesome job.

For you fans out there, there is a semi-recent MOVIE of Legends of the Hidden Temple. It even features the silver monkey, <no more spoilers> ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back