The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Wow, well done! Everything looks beautiful.

I gotta admit, I’m pretty envious of that sink knob. Is that the all metal variant?

There isn’t an all metal variant, but it is the metal end cap. I have the “hot” one from that pair.

Wow, well done! Everything looks beautiful.

I gotta admit, I’m pretty envious of that sink knob. Is that the all metal variant?

I do believe it is - though only based on the "tooth test". Of interest, here's how I mounted it using the smaller square head bold and the adapter for the carriage bolt, which means you don't need to cut/drill the AS wheel (but you do have to shorten the carriage bolt).

IMG_4965.jpg

Thanks for the quick response teecrooz! I played it safe and just went for it. I guess this is my unofficial, official entry to this thread. Just two more pieces to go.

Does anyone have any extra transistors? Those are the last part I need (well, and the small grey wire) to finish mine!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can certainly get my hands on (or have kicking around the basement somewhere) something of the appropriate vintage. I’ve kinda left the decision for what to use there for last.

What sort of device (transistor or op amp) and packaging style were you looking for?

While we are on transistors, any advice on how best to fix them? I've got my clamp around a Roman's cage (that nicely threads onto the booster and hales) and then I poked the transistor wires through the holes in the graflex clamp and just bent them - seems inelegant and not stable...

I think thats how most attach them. Some even glue them. Someone else here gave me the idea of drilling them out then gluing a socket head screw inside them. Then attach with a nut.

I can certainly get my hands on (or have kicking around the basement somewhere) something of the appropriate vintage. I’ve kinda left the decision for what to use there for last.

What sort of device (transistor or op amp) and packaging style were you looking for?

I’m not sure which ones are the right ones. But the two needed to complete my build with be amazing. PM meal and let me know if you have them and I’d be more than grateful.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back