The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

The correct 7 bubble version from the Exactra 19 or 20.

There is another . . . : TI - 2000, which also has the
7 digit bubblestrip inside, Made in Italy though :)

TI%20-%202000_zpspfkrpx87.JPG

DATAMATH PICTURES

Chaïm

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Where would I be without you all?
I finally got my sink knob on :love Putting the D-ring on freaked me out. It was a tight fit, & I didn't want to break a cube :facepalm
20180201_125537.jpg

I also got my real balance pipe on too
20180201_125644.jpg

I still need to put my grenade on, but I'm telling myself I need to hold out for a real booster first. We'll see how long I'm able to hold out though.
But, other than that, everything else is real parts on mine.
20180201_125406.jpg 20180201_125358.jpg

Yeah... it's kind of funny the order you get parts in for this project.... I think the BP was the second piece for me... or it might have even been the first... can't remember if I got my handwheel first or not lol.... but looking good you guys!

Our little club isn't so 'little' anymore!

Last edited:
I still need to put my grenade on, but I'm telling myself I need to hold out for a real booster first. We'll see how long I'm able to hold out though.

Looks great. If you didn't say something, I'd think the grenade and booster were real too. It's amazing how good the current replicas are.

Thanks guys! Where would I be without you all?
I finally got my sink knob on :love Putting the D-ring on freaked me out. It was a tight fit, & I didn't want to break a cube :facepalm
View attachment 791943

I also got my real balance pipe on too
View attachment 791945

View attachment 791948 View attachment 791949

Looking good Russell!

Yeah... it's kind of funny the order you get parts in for this project.... I think the BP was the second piece for me... or it might have even been the first... can't remember if I got my handwheel first or not lol.... but looking good you guys!

Our little club isn't so 'little' anymore!

It was the BP for me, thanks to yours truly. I figured once I lucked onto the rare and obscure WWII era jet engine mod-dot part, the rest would be all downhill. Right? Lol!

Right now, my light saber looks like this:

IMG_4394.JPG

More thanks go to Sym-Cha, kurtyboy, mugatu, userd1402, parafaitelumiere, and teecrooz, who have all helped me to build out the parts list, and to understand all that has been learned over the years.

I'm pretty old-school. Work doesn't begin until the parts list is complete. I am currently resisting the temptation to purchase a Romans booster. It's all-vintage or bust. Right down to the washers and internals, whatever the heck I end up using for those.

IMG_4394.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the BP for me, thanks to yours truly. I figured once I lucked onto the rare and obscure WWII era jet engine mod-dot part, the rest would be all downhill. Right? Lol!

Right now, my light saber looks like this:

View attachment 792080

More thanks go to Sym-Cha, kurtyboy, mugatu, userd1402, parafaitelumiere, and teecrooz, who have all helped me to build out the parts list, and to understand all that has been learned over the years.

I'm pretty old-school. Work doesn't begin until the parts list is complete. I am currently resisting the temptation to purchase a Romans booster. It's all-vintage or bust. Right down to the washers and internals, whatever the heck I end up using for those.

Wow!! What's the board that you're harvesting transistors from? I have the vintage ones offered up by parfaitelumiere but they are unused, so it's really fascinating to see a board w/ them in the wild.

I also share you're internal struggle of just buying Roman's replicas until I can get the rarer parts, however, I don't share your willpower ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!! What's the board that you're harvesting transistors from? I have the vintage ones offered up by parfaitelumiere but they are unused, so it's really fascinating to see a board w/ them in the wild.

I also share you're internal struggle of just buying Roman's replicas until I can get the rarer parts, however, I don't share your willpower ;)

That’s just some random Ampex board that I think was old enough to have been a potential source back in the day that had some op amps and transistors with a similar packaging style. They are around. I have a couple more that are similar. I’d be happy to share once I decide what parts I should harvest for my future dream builds.

I also have a set of parfaitelumiere washers & vintage op amps, too - somewhere around here. I was going to use them as a reference to find some old hardware that was as close as possible. Just gotta figure out where I put the darned things...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have little to no will power :lol, so I'm using the Romans.

That being said, I can not say enough how magnificent a piece Romans replica is. When you find a real world piece, you just swap it out. But when I hold his replicated parts next to the real parts.... they're perfect.

Just a small update, got some weathering on my Balance Pipe, now gotta find a way to seal it (clear laquer, maybe?)

b2383989869abfe0dc541042384bb632.jpg

Still looking for my 3 final parts (grenade, sink tap, and booster.)&

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever used a vintage Graflex extension unit as the spacer between the grenade and the booster? Do the measurements work out? Would the clamp fit over it?

I'm new here...be gentle with me.

Has anyone ever used a vintage Graflex extension unit as the spacer between the grenade and the booster? Do the measurements work out? Would the clamp fit over it?

A lot of people use a vintage part from the booster or Roman’s Fx spacer I believe, I don’t know if that would work because of how the grenade sits but it’s an idea worth trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A clamp does fit over a slave unit, so if you found on of the Graflite style slave units (the ones that are just cylinders, as opposed to the bunny ear kind) it might work. I'm unsure of how tall they are though.

The numbers will vary.

Not everyone's sink know will attach at the same position, not all grenades will attach in the same position, not all grenades will be the same length, not all boosters will be placed the same, not all balance pipes will sit on the grenade the same - and there are different adapters for the balance pipe and at the grenade level.

There could up to a 1/2" (12mm) difference or even more quite frankly.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back