My Original Parts Obi-Wan ANH Lightsaber - Photos and Build Info

chaim,yes you're right,I was thining about it,and I verified today at the shop,external diameter of booster bearing thread is close to internal emitter diameter,so the emitter solition,with cone is very credible.

And yes,you're twoce right,because it's easy to see a hero and stunt version on the screenshots,makes me think the archive saber may be the stunt version,no cone on "front" photo

Hey All,

So you're saying 1) Each booster would have two bearings- 2) One bearing is still attached to the booster and is under the Graflex clamp- and 3) The second bearing has been modified to attach the balance pipe (emitter) to the grenade- Is that about right? :facepalm

Dan S

Wonderful!! Obi Wans saber was the most elegant looking imo. Would love to own an all real parts saber somedays.

Grüße
Andreas

Hey All,

So you're saying 1) Each booster would have two bearings- 2) One bearing is still attached to the booster and is under the Graflex clamp- and 3) The second bearing has been modified to attach the balance pipe (emitter) to the grenade- Is that about right? :facepalm

Dan S

No,the bearing is between the booster and flash cone at the very end of the gun.
Then,the booster is attached on the barrel,at the other end.
On the saber it goes so:
the pommel is on the barrel side,and the clamp is on the end cone side.

But as chaim mentonned,it's very possible they had several boosters and took a booster cone for the emitter,and keeped nother in place on the booster for the booster-clamp assembly.

The most possible theory for me is there is at least one bearing cone in the emitter(death star photos),because it's really similar look to a real booster cone.

Nobody know about the other things,but the archive photos,with some pins,and the easy way to make assembly when the bearing is on place makes me thing there is one in the saber,still attached on booster.

The archive photos saber is not the death star saber,different emitter "cone"

Great pictures and congratulations on the completion of your saber! I agree that it takes a lot of patience and perserverence but eventually you can find all the parts, with the help of some great members on this forum. It took me about year to find most of the parts and then I took a break for a few years so I'm still keeping an eye out for the grenade (which is the last part on my list). It is rewarding when you do find a part becuase it's a piece of the puzzle.

Dan

Great pictures and congratulations on the completion of your saber! I agree that it takes a lot of patience and perserverence but eventually you can find all the parts, with the help of some great members on this forum. It took me about year to find most of the parts and then I took a break for a few years so I'm still keeping an eye out for the grenade (which is the last part on my list). It is rewarding when you do find a part becuase it's a piece of the puzzle.

Dan

Dude there's one for sale right now by andymac

Like on these
booster and bearing.jpg

Sorry to bring this up after the thread has been closed for a year ago but how are people connecting the balance pipe to the grenade? Do we need two bearings from an ANM2?

Most people use replica booster cones to connect the balance pipes because it's the easiest way. However, I know that at least two or three members have used a real bearing for the cone. In addition, Andymac and a few others have used the brass connecting piece from the grenade rod to improvise a fit.

Once again someone comes along and sparks up this old thread...because it's excellent. :devil
I LOVE your saber Serenity! I msg'd you a detail question just now. I am grateful that you haven't reused the bandwidth where the pics are posted. It's not unusual to find a great older thread and broken links where all the photos used to be. This is full of valuable information...especially to someone like me who just got into the Obi Wan Lightsaber. I am very happy with the parts I have from Roman. Even more so after seeing this thread. And now the thought of original parts is so tempting =)

Once again someone comes along and sparks up this old thread...because it's excellent. :devil
I LOVE your saber Serenity! I msg'd you a detail question just now. I am grateful that you haven't reused the bandwidth where the pics are posted. It's not unusual to find a great older thread and broken links where all the photos used to be. This is full of valuable information...especially to someone like me who just got into the Obi Wan Lightsaber. I am very happy with the parts I have from Roman. Even more so after seeing this thread. And now the thought of original parts is so tempting =)

Charlie does good work :thumbsup

Could you PM me the list of items you used?

They are mostly mentioned in the first post. Here they are:

Armitage Shanks Starlite sink tap, ANM2 Browning machine gun booster, Graflex clamp, bubbles from an Exactra 19 or 20 calculator, transistors, No.3 MKI British rifle grenade, Balance Pipe from a Rolls Royce Derwent jet engine.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back