1:1 ANH Luke Skywalker Silicone Portrait... (Final Pics Pg3)!!

Looks great Howard!

The hair is perfectly done (always tough with these pieces) and I love that slightly open mouth expression.

brad

Looks great Howard. The only thing that jumps out at me as being off is the hair around his ears. It looks like it should be cut shorter:

luke_skywalker_ep4.jpg

mark-hamill-luke-skywalker.jpg

Mark%20Hamill.jpg

Wow, well done my friend. Thats a young looking jedi you have there.
cant wait to see the statue finished.

Thanks again guys!

Another winner!!
So, who's your next character?

Well, I've been commissioned for a few more ANH characters... but I have a few ESB ones I want to tackle as well... and a Jedi one I want to re-sculpt for silicone ;)

Looks great Howard. The only thing that jumps out at me as being off is the hair around his ears. It looks like it should be cut shorter:

Yes, it is slightly long in places... I think that is from a fear of going too short. Human hair is so expensive and I figure we can always go a little shorter, but once cut too short... it won't grow back :lol

Wow!
That's a tough likeness to get and you nailed it.
Looks amazing Howard.
Larry

Thanks Larry! Farm Boy Luke was a tough one... he looks so much different from ESB. He was very young in ANH, and 'age' is always tough to capture in a piece.

H

Last edited:
LUKE: 'Uncle Owen . . . This R2 unit has a bad motivator. Look!'

Incredible piece of work ... well done Howard.

-Chaim

Looks great as usual Howard. As far as cutting the hair. Go short in tiny bits that way you won't go too far. If you cut too much too fast you can easily go to short. Maybe 1/8" trims until it is where you like it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back