Fallout 4

I wish I was, but I live quite far away. I do plan on staying up to watch the conference, or at least a live comment if there is no live stream. It's at 4am over here I think.

My nephew wants a VR thing to play this Fallout when it comes out. I tried to play it down because he doesn't have $600 and I'm not convinced this is more than a fad so far.

Another gripe about F4 is that you can do more to convince Shaun that what the Institute is doing is bad. You can tell him people are scared of them, but nothing beyond that. When you get shut out, you should at least be able to plead your case since it is your son! It's basically (in all of my games), "I'm BoS now so I'll be back with my giant stompy robot! Oh and I'm surprised you never noticed my giant T-60 suit with the BoS markings while I was walking throughout your facility."

Has anyone else seen a Vertibird drop two BoS T-60 suits? I'm on my third or fourth game and I've never seen that happen until tonight. I thought a Vertibird was hovering to land and I was in the way, so I backed up and two BoS knights jumped down from about 20-30ft. Pretty cool!

Has anyone else seen a Vertibird drop two BoS T-60 suits? I'm on my third or fourth game and I've never seen that happen until tonight. I thought a Vertibird was hovering to land and I was in the way, so I backed up and two BoS knights jumped down from about 20-30ft. Pretty cool!

No, I would see it pretty often. I like to follow them and wait for them to get killed, then take their suit parts.

Vertibird Encounters are by far my favorite part of the game. Just seeing battles happen in the distance, especially with troop drops and vertibirds engaging in arial combat is just a delight. I was almost tempted to install a better vertibird/pilot health mod, but seeing them crash so often is hilarious. All of those destroyed Vertibirds could have been used to conquer the NCR out west!

Btw, what mods are you guys using as of now?

That's weird then that I had never seen it yet. I also pillage dead suits for parts. :lol They should have had some way to turn in the dogtags, if you're BoS, so you would at least have an excuse for looting the body!

My mod list is waaay to long now. I think I have around 88 running. The majority are mods for more building parts, then I have a power armor durability mod, weapon mods, etc. I stay away from anything that isn't canon to the FO world. So no lightsabers or Ironman suits. I'll just post a few of the more useful ones.

Longer Power Lines
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2241

Durable and Realistic Power Armor (a lot more durable, resistant to fire, cold, etc.)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18909

Makeshift Anti-Material Rifle (my favorite sniper rifle)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18915

Assault Carbine and Service Rifle (best automatic rifle mod period, and canon weapons)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24069

Custom Combat Armor (convert light to medium to heavy, custom colors, decals, etc.)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4865

Quieter Settlements (tones down generator, turret, and purifier noises)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2819

Btw, what mods are you guys using as of now?

I'd really have to go back and look. I have never really been happy with my mod loadout for the Xbox One. It seems like there should be mods that will do a lot more than they do. I want mods that expand settlement borders, that give you unlimited building, of course Place Anywhere is a given, etc. But of course, most expanded border mods don't work on Far Harbor or Nuka-World settlements and the mods that let you scrap anything really don't either. I had to have a mod to let settlers go farther afield, just for Hangman's Alley, but once I did that, I got to build all over the place in and around Sanctuary, I have settlers that just walk back and forth between Sanctuary and Red Rocket and I rebuilt the houses out past Red Rocket and have beds there too. But so many of my mods overlap because they do different things for different settlements. The ones that fix Boston Airport are like that. Every once in a while, I figure I'll see if there's a more efficient way to do things but I never do.

Going to rebuy F4 for PC today (well if my pc actually gets delivered today, which ain't looking good) and rebuild completely my mod set up. Some of the ones I had on XBox I want back, mainly Modern Firearms & pistols, tales of the commonwealth, hardcore rebalance, a few settlement stuff, green in the commonwealth...
I would really like a mod that keeps you from getting any damage as long as the power armor integrity is not compromised, as it should be. I'm sure there is something like that in the nexus... Anyway, keeping an eye on your list, might give me ideas !

The power armor mod I posts make them a lot more durable, as in you don't have to repair for a long time, but still doesn't remove damage. To me they should have had the armor only take damage from armor piercing bullets, missiles, and energy weapons. Raiders with melee weapons should damage you at all. I think what they really need is that you, inside the armor, don't take any damage until your armor starts failing. It would be harder to balance that way though. I'm around level 65 on Hard and I'm pretty much in god mode with my armor and weapons. I never take much damage until the Nuka World dlc when you go through the Raider gauntlet where they're all around you shooting.

The power armor mod I posts make them a lot more durable, as in you don't have to repair for a long time, but still doesn't remove damage. To me they should have had the armor only take damage from armor piercing bullets, missiles, and energy weapons. Raiders with melee weapons should damage you at all. I think what they really need is that you, inside the armor, don't take any damage until your armor starts failing. It would be harder to balance that way though. I'm around level 65 on Hard and I'm pretty much in god mode with my armor and weapons. I never take much damage until the Nuka World dlc when you go through the Raider gauntlet where they're all around you shooting.

I think I'm around level 110 and it's really hard to get killed, no matter what I'm wearing. But then again, I finished the game a long time ago and most of what I do is build.

I was really nervous about using the "Place Anywhere" mod, but oh gosh is it useful. Especially if you're the kind of player who enjoys the building aspects of Fallout 4. I think it was the multiple settings and commands that scared me at first, but after playing around with it, I can now build stuff I've always wanted to. Vanilla's restrictions to building stuff always felt like an itch you couldn't scratch. Whether it was gaps you couldn't fill, obstacles you can't get around or simply making something look practical. It was especially irksome when you encountered settlement like areas that clearly used the same assets but placed them in such a way that you couldn't possibly recreate it.

I also use infinite ammo and power armor health for companions because, fudge it. If enemies can have infinite ammo, so can my companions. And if Danse can keep his Power Armor from ever breaking, so can everyone else!

There's also the Dogmeat mod called "Everyone's Best Friend" which allows you to bring Dogmeat alongside another companion. This mod has the benefit of feeling more immersive than other mods because there are triggers in the game that are specifically meant to accommodate the player should they bring Dogmeat AND a companion along. Fully voiced too!

Armorsmith Extended is a good all around mod. It basically allows you to apply all kinds of mods from sunglasses to armor pieces. It even includes a workbench to make clothing, including a red version of Elder Maxson's coat. Unfortunately, that's the only color available.

New Dialogue. This mod is a double edged sword. On one hand, it tells you exactly what your character is going to say, but on the other hand, it reveals a lot of short cuts that the development team took in order to accommodate the 'Always four dialogue options' mechanic. Some instances have you saying the same thing with little to no difference, while others will have three options be literally the same thing.

1. That's why I'm here. What seems to be the problem?
2. That's why I'm here. How can I help?

1. What?!
2. What?!
3. What?!

Still, it's worth it if you want to ensure your character says what you want them to say, and not what you think they're going to say and instead say the exact opposite.

No Negative Affect or Affinity Cooldown mod. This one is handy if you want to get on good terms with a companion but can't bring yourself to do stuff the normally wouldn't like. This mod even turns negative affection into positive affection which makes the whole process much quicker and easier to do. For always playing a goody little two shoes character, it felt good having everyone like my good deeds. :)

Power Armor Animation Changes. This one is fun because I LOVE the quick in and out animation for the Power Armor. Having this animation be limited to 'in-combat' moments and exploring the nuclear wastes just didn't feel practical. If your character can do this on the whim, they should be able to do it all the time! One of the advantages of using this mod is how much time you'll save when entering and exiting your power armor. It's fast.

And the Eye-bot mod. How could the Automatron DLC have so many robots to build from but restrict the eye-bots to mere item scanners? It was criminal! Thankfully this mod not only allows you to build an eye-bot, but also includes optional features that range from lore friendly to down right cartoonish. Seriously, you can equip your eyebot with a weapon that shoots plasma bolts that, upon hitting a target, explodes the same way as a plasma grenade. It is so OP that I had to tone it down! With several areas upon which you can customize the color, decals and even glowing vents, this is one of the best mods to ever fix a glaring flaw in the base game and it's DLC. Todd Howard must hate New Vegas so much that he probably mandated to the Automatron developers to not include the ability to make eye-bot companions. Well, no more! Eye-bots are awesome!

I just started using that Place Anywhere mod last night. I'm just hoping there's not some horrible reason they didn't allow that, that will bite me in the *** down the road! The developers obviously used something like that because you can find places where things were obviously crammed together in a way the vanilla game won't allow. I'm also glad for the console because I got tired of collecting stuff, or being forced to, so I just add tons of material to my workshop so I can build whatever.

BTW, here's another handy mod that will make settlers use multi floor structures. I works pretty good, but occasionally you'll have to change something where they won't walk on it. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15608

I just started using that Place Anywhere mod last night. I'm just hoping there's not some horrible reason they didn't allow that, that will bite me in the *** down the road! The developers obviously used something like that because you can find places where things were obviously crammed together in a way the vanilla game won't allow. I'm also glad for the console because I got tired of collecting stuff, or being forced to, so I just add tons of material to my workshop so I can build whatever.

BTW, here's another handy mod that will make settlers use multi floor structures. I works pretty good, but occasionally you'll have to change something where they won't walk on it. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15608

I eventually just started stuffing tons of materials into the workshop because I finished the game and just wanted to build and stopping so I could grind for materials really sucks. That's about as close to "cheating" as I get. And you just have to be careful about the pathing sometimes but usually you can get settlers to go just about anywhere. I built a massive structure out on Spectacle Island, I think it's 9-10 stories and I still have settlers that will go all the way to the top.

I've done some pretty weird things with this mod and so far I can attest that nothing has broken the game for me. The ONLY real issues I come across are instances where things overlap each other (Easily fixable) and one area at the Castle where the mod simply doesn't work. I tried to make a tiny hallway at the front open part of the Castle, but something in the game that surrounds that area plays havoc with snapping.

Here's the big thing I had to learn about how to use this mod efficiently. You HAVE to switch modes like "Surface Snapping" and "Object Snapping" on and off to get the style you want. Turning Surface Snapping is very important for making things look practical because you can move any item through walls, below the surface or even through ceilings. When you still got 'Object Snapping" on, you can make a straight path of just about anything and the only limit is how far you can see past the floor or ground. Basically if you see a tiny gap that's bugging you, you can easily fill it in. Turning off Object Snap but keeping Surface Snap on can be helpful as well.

Oh! Here's another neat trick you can do. I was almost tempted to get the 'longer power cords' mod, but with Place Anywhere, you don't need it! If you build two electronic things next to each other, connect them with a cable, you can move them however far back as you want and it will still get power! You can even connect two items outside, and move one of the items indoors and the cable will clip through the walls and still work! Only downside is that the farther the cables go, the lower they droop to the ground. But you'd still get the same result with the longer cables mod.

my settlement building is broken on XB1 because Snap N Build got removed. I can't build any structures anymore, and all the "capsule" style dwellings have disappeared, leaving me with loads of floating assets and settlers in all my settlements.

I have a thing that adds bat files to let you turn snapping on and off, so I haven't tried the Place Anywhere version yet. I just wonder why they limit some of the objects where it will be red when it's not obviously interfering with something. Say you're building a concrete wall, but it will not let you build right against a highway overpass support pylon. It will make you move it about a foot away before you can build. I don't know what their reasoning is for that.

I have a thing that adds bat files to let you turn snapping on and off, so I haven't tried the Place Anywhere version yet. I just wonder why they limit some of the objects where it will be red when it's not obviously interfering with something. Say you're building a concrete wall, but it will not let you build right against a highway overpass support pylon. It will make you move it about a foot away before you can build. I don't know what their reasoning is for that.

I don't either, but Place Anywhere, at least on the Xbox, has problems with that a lot. If I want to patch a wall and place a wall piece inside of it, often it just won't work, you get close and the wall goes up instead of into the wall and I don't see where I can stop that from happening. There are also issues where walls will refuse to get close without snapping and that's a serious pain.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back