Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

No worries! Just an idea.. Your points against doing it make sense as well..

For myself, I love the thicker version you did for The Wolverine styled claws... They feel like they have more punch to them.. If these are the same, or a touch wider/longer than the film version claws, you've hit it for me I reckon!! Nice work on both versions! Can't wait to see the bone ones too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could make the katana style claw a bit more like the TW claws in the sense that it could have a flat face on it at the tip and a beveled top and bottom. But then the only difference between the two styles would be the shape of the side view profile... the katana style being more angular. Let's see if anyone else agrees with that approach or if more people like the flat top and beveled front. For everyone else, make sure to comment on that please.

Making it more like the TW claw in that respect would also increase the strength of the material towards the tip... there would be a smaller chance of breaking the tip of the claw.

On a side note... with the skewer style claws, since it is round, there is no way to avoid a seam from the mold. I will make the mold so that there is only one seam running along the bottom and I will disguise it as best I can during the clean up stage.

Just a quick question, I was thinking that the knuckle sliders were part of his gloves? Anyway it's awesome that you included them.

Just a quick question, I was thinking that the knuckle sliders were part of his gloves? Anyway it's awesome that you included them.

From what I've read they are actually implants that were added so that his claws don't cut his skin every time they go out. Regardless, he's can be worn with or without gloves.

Ok, I crafted another variation on the katana style claw. Let me know which variation you like best. Lets call this one v2 and the first one a few posts back v1.

https://dspnoq.bn1302.livefilestore...RNmGzB9JOogwIOt9SxiW6sw/Style 2 v2.png?psid=1

I REALLY like those....I know it's silly, doesn't work practically, and is entirely comic-book fantasy stuff, but by god that looks cool as hell...Hehe....Thanks for putting the effort in on that! I like, even if others think it's OTT....

Brilliant stuff!

WolverineClassicClaws.png
Killer Classic Claws In The Makin' Bub! darkside501st :cool Metallic Style 1 lookin' comic book accurate! :D You plan on usin' square wire & metal clamp plates?
Metallic Style 1:

Question: Have you seen these claws before? Does anyone know who produced 'em?

From TheWolverine's Collection: THAT'S ME BUB!

Custom: Leather Gloves with Classic Wolverine's Attached Claws Officially Licensed By: Marvel
Supreme Edition Wolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws
Wolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws00.jpg
Wolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws01.jpgWolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws02.jpgWolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws03.jpgWolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws04.jpg
Wolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws05.jpgWolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws06.jpgWolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws07.jpgWolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws09.jpgWolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws10.jpgWolverine Leather Gloves with Attached Claws11.jpg

Thanks bub. *SNIKT*

Last edited:
I REALLY like those....I know it's silly, doesn't work practically, and is entirely comic-book fantasy stuff, but by god that looks cool as hell...Hehe....Thanks for putting the effort in on that! I like, even if others think it's OTT....

Brilliant stuff!

Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you like these. That is why I posted the pictures before I got too far into working on them. I like to see what people want.

Killer Classic Claws In The Makin' Bub! darkside501st :cool Metallic Style 1 :D You plan on usin' square wire & metal clamp plates?

Thank you. Yes, I will be using the square wires and grips. That way these claws could be worn with or without gloves. Although, it really could go either way. I could offer them without wires as well and with a mounting plate that would go on the inside of a glove then you could put a screw up through the plate and into the port that comes out the back of his hand.

I wanted to share the images I just uploaded of our Sabretooth claws. Take a look. I also added them to my Project run thread. I want to make latex fingertips that will make it look even more like the movie but that is not at the top of my list. Maybe by May, in time for the next convention we will be attending.

Sabertooth-Werewolf Claws

WOW. I really love the look of those claws. They are much better looking than my Gen 1. ebay versions that I had to hot glue to my nails. Yeah...it was a painful experience putting them on. They didn't stick that well and the few that did were hard to remove. So I opted for some rubber slip-on versions I paid $8 for, reshaped, repainted and sanded to remove any shiny glare on the skin and added a clear coat to the claw.

http://media801.dropshots.com/photos/16259/20150118/b_122851.jpg

http://media801.dropshots.com/photos/16259/20150118/b_122845.jpg

http://media802.dropshots.com/photos/16259/20150118/b_122840.jpg

http://media800.dropshots.com/photos/16259/20150118/b_122835.jpg

Can't really beat that for on-the-cheap claws that require no adhesion.

Yeah, give it a while and Dan should have one coming soon after he gets the DoFP one sorted out.......Magnoli may well be able to make one specially too, but he's not offering them on the site, so it may need to be a special order, which might run a little more expensive than usual? Not sure about that, send him an email perhaps?
Or wait for Dan to come out with his version....

Nice to see a comic style claw come to life! they look pretty dang good and practical all while staying faithful to the comics :thumbsup \l/ \l/ They'd look sweet on a comic style suit!

Dan's version is coming out shortly, Mag's boat has come and sunk on that so I wouldn't even bother. My Lenwood DOFP belt is on the way, it should be here on 1/22...I'll take pics of it when it arrives.

Nice to see a comic style claw come to life! they look pretty dang good and practical all while staying faithful to the comics :thumbsup \l/ \l/ They'd look sweet on a comic style suit!

Thanks, I am glad that you like them.

On another note....

So I am trying to follow the dog tags, lol. Let me know if I am right. I might need to go back and watch the movies again looking specifically at the dog tags but this is what I remember.

In X1 he wears Canadian style tags on a long chain and small chain. The only state Wolverine with his number...
Logan is not on the tag. Also, the bottom half of the tag has been removed which is supposed to only have been done when a soldier dies in battle. In X1 Sabretooth takes
Wolverine's dog tags and wears them on his neck. When he goes to meet Magneto, Magneto takes the tags from him, looks at them, and puts them on his desk. Sabretooth goes
back for the tags. During the fight on the top of the statue of liberty at the climax Wolverine takes the tags back. Then at the end of the movie he gives his tags to Rogue stating he
will be back for them. I don't remember when he gets them back.

In X2 it is the same style tag but this time it is just on the long chain with no short chain. At the end of X2 he tosses them on the ground by Striker.

He doesn't wear any tags in X3.

In XO he goes through a few styles at the very beginning showing how many wars/decades have past. Then it focuses in on the Vietnam era war. He is wearing US military tags. I
am not sure if one tag states Wolverine while the other states Logan or if they have is real full name on them. Any input? If I had to guess I would say that they just have his full
name because he didn't take the mantra of Wolverine until he got the new tags during the adamantium process, right? Anyway. he threw those tags down in the dirt when he left
Stryker's Team X. I guess Stryker hold on to them cause he dangles them in front of Logan before the procedure when he asks for new tags. Do the new tags have Wolverine/number on one side and Logan/number on the other side with both tags being the same or Is it one tag says Logan and the other says Wolverine and the back sides are blank? See the attached image below with him lying on the ground. It shows one dog tag flipped over and it is blank.

He doesn't wear any tags in The Wolverine. Just strange since a big scene is of him as a POW.

He doesn't wear any tags in Days of Future Past.

Does all that sound right? If you know more about them or can fill in the blanks above then speak up. ;)

bCI-3535673630277515.jpgCI-3535673630277515.jpgX-Men-Origins-Wolverine-Logan-s-first-dog-tags-2.jpg009XOW_Danny_Huston_002.jpgdogtags.jpgX-Men-Origins-Wolverine-Bluray-hugh-jackman-as-wolverine-27824132-1280-543.jpgwolverine-movie-still-2.jpg

in X2, I think Rogue returns them when Logan first arrives at the mansion when they hug and she says "this is yours"

In The Wolverine, his tags are in the box along with Jean's picture
photo-16-610x405.jpg

in X2, I think Rogue returns them when Logan first arrives at the mansion when they hug and she says "this is yours"

In The Wolverine, his tags are in the box along with Jean's picture
View attachment 428858

Yeah but I don't think he ever wears them in the movie so why are they in the box? This movie takes place after he throws them down on the ground next to Striker so he shouldn't have any tags in The Wolverine.

Lol that went straight over my head! Especially since "she died... along with the kuzuri" and both Jean and his tags go under Alkali Lake... mmmaybe he finds them after X3 while traveling back to Canada, because the lake is now empty from Scott's blast, and he wanted to find them again? :lol No clue why they were added in TW, if anything they should've been in his dream scenes either in Japan or in the room with Jean before he really woke up in the woods

The above box isn't from The Wolverine anyway...It's just a collection of random things put together, with several from The Wolverine though right? So, it doesn't really affect or touch on the film at all....All he got at the end of The Wolverine was the suit, although we don't see it in the final version....No tags in that box he's given in the plane if I remember correctly....The tags here are added just "because"....No?

In Origins, it's clear that the new set of tags he gets from Stryker have one tag with Wolverine written on it and one with Logan...Nothing on the other side....You can see the lettering on the photo where he's lying down saying "Logan", and the "Wolverine" is the printed version we see them make...So, two tags. nothing on the other side, one saying "Logan" and the other "Wolverine"..

Nope, you're wrong. Need to watch it again, methinks. When he looks at his tag at the end of the movie, he flips it over. It says Wolverine on one side and Logan on the other.

The above box isn't from The Wolverine anyway...It's just a collection of random things put together, with several from The Wolverine though right? So, it doesn't really affect or touch on the film at all....All he got at the end of The Wolverine was the suit, although we don't see it in the final version....No tags in that box he's given in the plane if I remember correctly....The tags here are added just "because"....No?

In Origins, it's clear that the new set of tags he gets from Stryker have one tag with Wolverine written on it and one with Logan...Nothing on the other side....You can see the lettering on the photo where he's lying down saying "Logan", and the "Wolverine" is the printed version we see them make...So, two tags. nothing on the other side, one saying "Logan" and the other "Wolverine"..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back