Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Wolverine Claw Handle Clamp Plates & Wires - What a difference the right handle can do to give 'em that authentic effect.
WolverineHandleClampPlatesClawWires.jpgWolverineHandleClampPlatesClawWires00.jpgWolverineHandleClampPlatesClawWires01.jpg
WolverineHandleClampPlatesClawWires02.jpgWolverineHandleClampPlatesClawWires03.jpgWolverineHandleClampPlatesClawWires04.jpg

Has Anybody Recognized The Screen Used X2: X-Men United Wolverine Adamantium Tank Tray I've Been Takin' My Photos On?
X2TankTray03.JPGX2TankTray04.JPGX2TankTray06.JPG
X2TankTray13.JPGX2TankTray14.JPGX2TankTray15.JPG
X2TankTray18.JPGX2TankTray19.JPGX2TankTray20.JPG
TankTray2.jpgTankTray3.JPGTankTray4.jpg

Last edited:
darkside501st Thanks again bub! I put together another handle with your square wires and used 'em for a geniune set of Jimmy Claws PPS X2 Blades!

\I/ Wires Exact Size To Fit Original Blades \I/

Claws are made from a special material called PPS (Polyphenol Sulfate) a material with 30% glass fiber. Very strong and hard like bone.

russrep made wider clamp plates that must be shimmed up with zip ties to use the smaller, but correct size wire.

Everyone Have A Happy 2015! :cheers

Wolverine Claw Handle Clamp Plates & Wires - What a difference the right handle can do to give 'em that authentic effect.

Has Anybody Recognized The Screen Used X2: X-Men United Wolverine Adamantium Tank Tray I've Been Takin' My Photos On?

Cool! Thanks for the pictures and info. Nice to know I got the size of the wires right too, lol. I have always liked your tray... even cooler that it is a screen used prop.

Are those your faux chops? How are they working out for you? And impressive.

Yes, those are the faux chops although the hairline in the photo was touched up a bit. Still they are the next best thing to having your own chops. I really like them a lot. They are so much better than the set I made for myself using an Abe Lincoln beard, lol. I have worn them several times and they are holding up well. As you can see they look great in photos too. I normally don't have to do any touchups on regular photos but with the hi-res camera the photographer has it becomes a little necessary if you want it to look absolutely real.

Still needs paint, but here is the first pull of my comic/cartoon inspired cowl. I'll get more pics up once it has some colour. I know it's not up to par with a Reevz, but for being my first ever cowl sculpt, I'm pretty happy with it :)

IMG_0419.JPG

Guys I need some help please . I am looking for a pair of these boots and having a hard time identifying them . I figure someone here may know . These are Wolverines battlesuit boots from X2 and X 3 . I know they are customized30472384_7_x.jpg with the X logo but I am pretty sure it is an off the shelf boot . Any help would be much appreciated and also if someone has a Howard S studios wolverine bust for sale . I would be interested .

The work is solid...Nice cuts of leather, well made....But we knew that...At least, I'd hope so! Anything close to 100 dollars for a belt had better be made as well as this!! Heheh.....

LOL.....I don't think that's a good thing...

Hehe....Only messing with you.....

Yep...My best belts were all made by Wade Egan, who's sadly stopped making belts and holsters.....But he'd still be the bloke I went to for anything I wanted if he was still around...Absolutely brilliant leathercraft.....I can appreciate the skills there....

I have been busy making some progress on the comic style claws. I decided to do two different style metallic claws inspired by the comics. ;) The first style is the round skewer type claw but I put a little twist on it and made a sharpened edge toward the tip. Make sure to look for that. The second style is the katana type claw and since it is a blade type claw I wrapped the metal port over the knuckle to the front of the hand.

Take a look at the images and keep in mind that this is only the first stage in the manufacturing process. The claws still need to be sanded down quite a bit. I would like to get some feedback on the styles and shapes of the claws. Let me know what you like about them and if there is anything you don't like then feel free to offer some constructive criticism. Also, be sure to check out the interest thread.

Metallic Style 1:

Metallic Style 2:

View attachment 426530View attachment 426531View attachment 426532View attachment 426529

Since they're the comic version, you may want to extend them a touch more......So they look a little more "extreme".....It would add weight to the look as well...Depending on who drew them, in the books, they're often pretty long and thick (the katana versions)......A touch more "comic book-like" perhaps?

Just a thought...Hard to tell the overall effect when the hand is the only bodypart we can see...But I'd suggest just a touch longer...

Since they're the comic version, you may want to extend them a touch more......So they look a little more "extreme".....It would add weight to the look as well...Depending on who drew them, in the books, they're often pretty long and thick (the katana versions)......A touch more "comic book-like" perhaps?

Just a thought...Hard to tell the overall effect when the hand is the only bodypart we can see...But I'd suggest just a touch longer...

These are already longer than the sets used in the movies. I do like to keep things realistic vs cartoonish. It would not be possible for a claw that has a much wider tip to fit through a hole that is smaller. he he. I never understood why some images were drawn that way but I chalked it up to perspective angle or perhaps the artist wanted to make an certain impression, or maybe it was just easier to draw the claws coming from a single point rather than take the time to consider how the claws would impact the hand as they exited.

I won't be making them longer either because not only would they not fit in the forearm but they would cost more to ship. They have to fit inside a 11.5 inch box or the price on shipping will go up. I would rather keep things simple in that regard.

It is already hard enough to over look the curve of the skewer blade and the fact that were that to retract in the hand/arm it wouldn't end up in his forearm but instead it would come out the bottom of his wrist due to the curve. Maybe I tend to over think things but that is why I am good at what I do. Some may say I'm the best at what I do. lol j/k-get it ;)

Regardless I do appreciate the feedback and your opinion.

Those are a awesome darkside501st!
Wow, great job.

Thank you.

No worries! Just an idea.. Your points against doing it make sense as well..

For myself, I love the thicker version you did for The Wolverine styled claws... They feel like they have more punch to them.. If these are the same, or a touch wider/longer than the film version claws, you've hit it for me I reckon!! Nice work on both versions! Can't wait to see the bone ones too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back