UPDATE: My First Graflex...is Now a Lightsaber

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So the other day I "accidentally" bought a Graflex on eBay. By accidentally, I mean that I set up a whole bunch of eSnipe bids on Graflexes figuring I probably wouldn't win any but I'd give it a shot and if I didn't get one, oh well, I'm on Roman's list, if I do get one, then I'll just add electronics to the replica and make the real one into a static saber. Well a few days ago to my surprise, I got the "you won!" email. It was more than I WANTED to spend, but not more than I was WILLING to spend if you know what I mean. So anyway, I got my shipping notification today....but to my surprise, it was at my house when I got home! Go eBay shipping notifications! I plan on doing it up in the ANH style. I'll be ordering parts from Roy probably next week. I'm really excited. It's awesome. Now fingers crossed I get the notification from Custom Saber Shop that MPPs are in stock some time in the near future...

Here it is:

IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5203.jpg

IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5205.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My First Graflex

Nice grab! There have been a huge inflation of graflex prices, I bet that thing wasn't cheap!

It wasn't, but it was less than my Roman replica Obi so I can justify it to myself. I caught a break because the guy only made it a 2 day auction and I don't think anybody really saw it. I've been watching them for a while on eBay and they always went over my absolute top willing to spend dollar, so I really wasn't expecting to win one at all.

Very nice! I've been watching auctions for a while now, finally gave up and got on the list for a replica.

I did end up with a slave head, but it doesn't have the button or glass eye (totally absent, no holes for the either), not sure what I'll do with it.

Going to build this up?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Very nice! I've been watching auctions for a while now, finally gave up and got on the list for a replica.

I did end up with a slave head, but it doesn't have the button or glass eye (totally absent, no holes for the either), not sure what I'll do with it.

Going to build this up?

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm going to turn it into an ANH replica. Then I'll just need Vader's to complete my New Hope collection.

Don't give up completely! I just kept setting eSnipe bids and finally got lucky on one. It's been a couple of months though. Just have to be diligent. Like I said, I wasn't pressed since I'm on Roman's list anyway, but I figured having a real one would be pretty awesome too. I got lucky on this one.

I came home today to a box!

....but it was just lipstick that my girlfriend ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:
My parts came in today and I could barely contain myself. I planned on taking step by step shots, but I took one picture with all the stuff spread out, then took one while I was cutting t-track and then got too caught up in what I was doing to take more.

Parts....

IMG_5358_zpse7xofubb.jpg

Cutting some t-tracks...

IMG_5359_zpsrzgfkq7c.jpg

Finished. The Graflex itself was in fantastic condition. Really the only wear is that little bit of rust on the clamp which I like a lot. It shouldn't be pristine by the time Luke gets it in ANH.

IMG_5360_zpscgovourm.jpg

Here it is with my wonderfully amazing fantastic Roman Obi...

IMG_5362_zpsvyxdhjzy.jpg

So incredibly stoked.

Now I just have to go get a dowel and build up the courage to put a hole in the bottom.

P.S. Thank you roygilsing for the great parts and quick service. I'll definitely be ordering some more when I get Roman's G R A F L E X.

Attachments

• IMG_5362.JPG
    IMG_5362.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5360.JPG
    IMG_5360.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5359.JPG
    IMG_5359.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_5358.JPG
    IMG_5358.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
There's still G R A F L E X written on the real vintage clamp. If you click on the pictures a second time, they enlarge for an even better view :)

Chaim

Looks amazing! Quick question. On the clamp, does it still say Graflex or is that a custom clamp?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, as Sym-Cha said, it's the G R A F L E X clamp still.

Thanks guys. Now I'm even more excited for Roman's replica. I'm going to do that one up with electronics. I just have to figure out which version. The ANH is my favorite, but the TFA version is tempting (I'm not big on the 2 red buttons on the ESB). Next on the list though is Vader and the V2. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up one of those two around Christmas.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back