Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Thanks, and what is the RPF discount code worth? Do you know? I can't seem to find out how to use it on their site without going through with an order.

I found they fit me like a regular sneaker - I usually buy size 10 in regular sneakers (except when the material is thin like the Roshe runners) and my size 10 V3's fit the best.
It was the V2's that run a little big. I used my 9.5's with those.

I'm going to get the real things! I'd donated some graphic design and motion graphics work to an organization and they sent me a $400 gift. I'd already saved some Christmas money, so the wife agreed to let me get the V3s!

Any final tips before I place my order?

I'm going to get the real things! I'd donated some graphic design and motion graphics work to an organization and they sent me a $400 gift. I'd already saved some Christmas money, so the wife agreed to let me get the V3s!

Whoot! And right now, the V3.1 is just $480 down from $600.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, and what is the RPF discount code worth? Do you know? I can't seem to find out how to use it on their site without going through with an order.

About $15. I thought it was 15%, but it is not. You also get 6% for using WU.

- - - Updated - - -

I found they fit me like a regular sneaker

Yeah I agree. These are true to size where the earlier version 2 ran slightly big. Get your normal NIKE shoe size for V3s.

Hopefully we will see you rubberpoultry in the other thread now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice! You won't regret it. They're the best model replica of the "real things" (the genuine MAGs) ever made. Just remember to ask for QC pics to make sure everything's good with your order and you'll be happy with it. I expect it will be rare for a problem to be big enough to make you want to pass on that particular pair, but I guess it can happen, and better while the order's still in China for you to see any major flaw.

Hi guys. Fellow Bttf 1 cosplayer. Fairly new to rpf and very new to Nike Mags. Looking to buy a pair. Could you please help identify these shoes and possible fair value? TIA
b1bc5206b33dfcdc6138736c05bb49ed.jpg
c2a3b71fdff1763760367479179076a7.jpg

e1fea4378aa1de9d65e7d52add12480d.jpg

I don't own V2s or V3s, but from my general reading over the past 3 years, modded V2s are probably more durable than V3s. However, if you want be very accurate, you need the V3s.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't own V2s or V3s, but from my general reading over the past 3 years, modded V2s are probably more durable than V3s. However, if you want be very accurate, you need the V3s.

What's the general consensus on which replica version is the most durable for close to daily use ?

Having owned every replica since the MP MAG, I'd have to say the V3s (the shoe itself) is very robust with the PVC V1 being the most hard wearing. The V2s were actually fragile compared to the way the V1 and V3 are made. That said, the cloth on the V2 and V3 needs TLC or they ruin easily. The problems with all of these shoes is of course the lights. By simple walking, the twist action of the foot can place massive stresses on the wires and that will result in fails.

My V3s failed due to a battery issue, were fixed and when they failed again, it was due to wires breaking. I ended up putting in 3M reflective tape.

Last edited:
My V3s failed due to a battery issue, were fixed and when they failed again, it was due to wires breaking. I ended up putting in 3M reflective tape.

The only issue is that I could not get the heel cup to release or I would have added a 3M panel in behind the lights.
a4975b96cc8d83aeaa067c3d3ea1defe.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

This is all new to me. I appreciate the feedback. I did a search on "daily" and "wearing" and didn't find too much so thanks. Just watched your YouTube interview video last night too of you covering all the different versions. Kind of disappointing to spend so much money and have to worry about lights failing or the durability in general.

Cavx,

Did you have the V3.1s or did you have V3s?

I know the wiring and/or battery's fail, but isn't the V3.1 wiring better?

Having owned every replica since the MP MAG, I'd have to say the V3s (the shoe itself) is very robust with the PVC V1 being the most hard wearing. The V2s were actually fragile compared to the way the V1 and V2 are made. That said, the cloth on the V2 and V3 needs TLC or they ruin easily. The problems with all of these shoes is of course the lights. By simple walking, the twist action of the foot can place massive stresses on the wires and that will result in fails.

I think the only stuff that will be hard wareing for wiring is the EL copper tape as that stuff needs to be cut. You won't just tear it. It not only sticks to itself and the back of the EL, it can have wires soldered to it if required.

Then you would need to work out a wiring plan that allows both current up to the buckle from the sole to the switch wire and inverter, then back down to the sole. Even though this stuff is flat, that is four runs.

There is also the LEDs which don't want AC from the inverter. Then you have to get that through the shoe. If it could be done, I'd say you would have a pretty near unbreakable system.

Because the copper tape is adhesive, it could be stuck down in the midsole so it does not move. Done at construction would work. Retro fitting might be a challenge.

rubberpoultry said:
Cavx,

Did you have the V3.1s or did you have V3s?

I know the wiring and/or battery's fail, but isn't the V3.1 wiring better?

I think my 2 pairs (wear pair do not work, only display pair works) were somewhere in between V3 and V3.1. There was the "tape" stuck to the back of the EL sole lights, but I had the bright LEDs. I've used clear nail polish on the bubble to make the LEDs easier to see. Both shoes have blue tint added to the soles.

I think the only stuff that will be hard wareing for wiring is the EL copper tape as that stuff needs to be cut. You won't just tear it. It not only sticks to itself and the back of the EL, it can have wires soldered to it if required.

Then you would need to work out a wiring plan that allows both current up to the buckle from the sole to the switch wire and inverter, then back down to the sole. Even though this stuff is flat, that is four runs.

There is also the LEDs which don't want AC from the inverter. Then you have to get that through the shoe. If it could be done, I'd say you would have a pretty near unbreakable system.

Because the copper tape is adhesive, it could be stuck down in the midsole so it does not move. Done at construction would work. Retro fitting might be a challenge.

I think my 2 pairs (wear pair do not work, only display pair works) were somewhere in between V3 and V3.1. There was the "tape" stuck to the back of the EL sole lights, but I had the bright LEDs. I've used clear nail polish on the bubble to make the LEDs easier to see. Both shoes have blue tint added to the soles.

Regarding the nail polish, did you sand down Any? Or just apply?

Also,would like to tint mine but unsure what to use. I'm in the UK so unsure what we have that I can use. Any idea?

Regarding the nail polish, did you sand down Any? Or just apply?

Also,would like to tint mine but unsure what to use. I'm in the UK so unsure what we have that I can use. Any idea?
Search my YouTube channel cavx01. I am sure I did a video on fabric protection and show the products I used.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

OK. David confirmed he received payment.

Unfortunately, this is bad timing. He said they'd pick the shoes up Monday, but he forgot Monday is a holiday (New Year's Day), so I don't get QC picts until Tuesday.

He did confirm he'd double box.

Then starts the 8-10 business days to ship.

Here's to hoping there are no Customs issues!

Now I have to work on being patient.

I agree with whomever say that David Jones is like a hivemind made up of a bunch of different people. Like they are all Negan. :)

I chatted with David Jones on Skype, but had also sent an email an hour before we chatted. We worked out everything in the skype conversation and then about an hour I received an email that was written as if we'd not had the skype conversation. It also said they'd process the order asap, but I'd already received 2 emails telling me everything was processed.

I sure am glad that you all have been through this, or I'd be a lot more nervous.

I agree with whomever say that David Jones is like a hivemind made up of a bunch of different people. Like they are all Negan. :)

I chatted with David Jones on Skype, but had also sent an email an hour before we chatted. We worked out everything in the skype conversation and then about an hour I received an email that was written as if we'd not had the skype conversation. It also said they'd process the order asap, but I'd already received 2 emails telling me everything was processed.

I sure am glad that you all have been through this, or I'd be a lot more nervous.

Trust me, We’ve all been there bro.
At least now David has made a name for himself that he can be trusted.
Way before the V3’s came out there was more risk buying the V2’s from different sellers with no credit if they could be trusted.
And WU was the only option.

Anyway, you’re going to be happy with the waiting!

Previous V2 and V3 owner here.
Sold them both though.
The V2’s were the best option at the time but had so many inaccuracies.
I’m not as handy and patient like Cavx and many others here, who made theirs look great [emoji106] so the minute the V3’s came out I wanted them.

The V3’s, when they first arrived I was really amazed by the accuracy of those shoes.
Those are the closest you can get compared to the real MAG’s.
To be honest I’d never would have spend so much on a replica shoe if it wasn’t for Jedifyfe’s videos.
Him selling his real pair for replicas that looked like the real deal without mods, made me wanna buy them instantly.

Once arrived I compared them to a friends real MAG’s and they were really worth every penny!
I ended up selling them because the soles became yellow very quickly.
I wore them a few times and didn’t wanna risk more damage like wire breaking or light fails.

I’ll eventually buy a pair if the EL’s will be brighter and the soles are not yellowing.

Haven’t been here in quite a while now,
So I guess no major changes have been made accept for the power lace ?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back