Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One - Zombie MGCs

Re: Veektohr's Half-builds & The Occasional Finished One

They say a cluttered desk is an earmark of genius. I guess the rationale is that a tidy desk/work area is... damn, I don't really know what the reasoning is, but it sure suited my messiness while making me sound smart because of it!

If that saying holds true with a bedroom floor, I'm a bonafide Rocket Scientist! I'll have the equation for a hand-held, adjustable length, contained plasma beam emitter sorted in a day... whenever I can find that notepad of mine that is. It's in my room somewhere... or is it in the pile on my ottoman? The world may never know! :lol

That's one sexy MPP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea what "they" say ...... but i know what my wife would say. :behave :lol

Already when i have the handfull parts of one project (blaster or saber, so the small stuff) - used for tinkering and dryfitting only, not really working on them - flying around on a small sidedesk next to my usual couchplace, i get one of those "you have several shops/rooms, why that stuff needs to be here?" :rolleyes

Just remind her that these items are out so you can work on your projects while spending time with HER! ;) Works for me. Sometimes...

Just remind her that these items are out so you can work on your projects while spending time with HER! ;) Works for me. Sometimes...

I might try your idea next time, but i´m afraid her answer will be something like "Nice try, more luck next time". :D

You could ream that b hole out to make it bigger.

They have risen!

dEvJRNr.jpg

I got a bug up my butt to put these back together. I was so heartbroken when they were initially melted down that I didn't even want to look at them. But here they are back from the dead! Ugly as hell, but... dare I say maybe salvageable? The only thing flat out broken is the screw that holds the trigger spring in place. Those threads are just gone. Totally dissolved. If I tap them for a slightly larger screw, though, I think I can get this workin. The biggest bummers are that some of the parts are scarred beyond anything some filler is gonna fix. But it's like... doable. I dunno, I'm somewhat encouraged by all this lol. My ugly ass zombie MGCs.

R6XKZSi.jpg

kXHNo85.jpg

YWAPjjh.jpg

Last edited:
So they're a little pitted... maybe it's sacrilege to some, but I'd hit them with satin or matte black and I bet they'd look fine.

I kinda took the least destroyed parts and put them into one, while the other got the left-overs. The rear leaf-sights are the worst. They're wrecked, and totally illegible. I have some real Mauser spare parts that I could always retrofit, though. I'm gonna do a clean up pass on these parts, and see where that leaves me. Smooth out some stuff... sharpen some edges back up... I dunno, could be ok. Definitely for a custom at the very least.

The rear leaf sight can be replaced, which I did on 1 pistol I had.

The bolt can be swapped w/ a real one if you don't care about it working.

Did you modify the sight? I was trying last night and couldn't see an easy way since the MGC uses a roll pin to, vs. the real sight having lugs on the part itself.

The rear leaf sight can be replaced, which I did on 1 pistol I had.

The bolt can be swapped w/ a real one if you don't care about it working.

Did you modify the sight? I was trying last night and couldn't see an easy way since the MGC uses a roll pin to, vs. the real sight having lugs on the part itself.

I used a complete rear leaf sight.

It is held in place by a piece of spring steel. That it exerts too much force on the die cast metal. Use the tiny spring that came w/ the MGC.

You will need to cut a slot on the inside area where the sight locks up w/ that hole. The slot will be parallel to the body of the pistol. Now you can slide the rear leaf sight from the rear of the pistol to the front of the pistol, and the holes where the MGC pin went is where the pins on the steel sight will go.

Look at the photo and cut the groove along this line.

When you have a sight in hand and your MGC broomhandle w/o it's sight, looking at the two will explain it more clearly.

C96 parts photo copy.jpg

No this makes sense. When I was messing around last night that's what I was thinking of doing, but I was curious if there was another way. Thanks dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back