1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Why would they begin painting and weathering before the actual ship is finished?

Given the time frame to get everything built and ready to go, they might need to do it that way. There are definitely shenanigans with the leak of these photos, although I think they are legit, at least for now.

Either way, let it inspire you to keep on rockin' this amazing build! :thumbsup

Given the time frame to get everything built and ready to go, they might need to do it that way. There are definitely shenanigans with the leak of these photos, although I think they are legit, at least for now.

Either way, let it inspire you to keep on rockin' this amazing build! :thumbsup

Hey B,

I was SO busy analyzing those two images I didn't even think to click on them. When I did... WHOA! I have no excuse... ;) Did you guys see this?

Star Wars: Episode VII set photos reveal 'eerily familiar' desert landscape | Mail Online

On another message board, somebody wrote... "Anyone else notice they have constructed the internal workings (doorway) of the Falcon escape pod? They wouldn't bother building that unless they planned to film it." hmmmm... I wouldn't know what they're looking at, but maybe I missed something. Maybe the mystery of the escape pod(s) will be addressed in ep. 7.

Hi Gang,
I know those leaked images are going to be analyzed and picked apart to death... but it sure is nice seeing a full scale MF again! :)

Last edited:
I hope they don't destroy this one after filming? It's possible that the internals are being built with a mind to filming or public viewing at a later date. If they don't put it in a museum or show & they aren't using it to film a TV series{i'm ever hopefull} I hope they sell it to a fan. There wont be many people who could afford it {given that Han Solos blaster is expected to fetch $200,000 - $300,000 when it comes up for sale?} but those who can afford to buy the Falcon will be able to afford to look after her?

I hope they don't destroy this one after filming? It's possible that the internals are being built with a mind to filming or public viewing at a later date. If they don't put it in a museum or show & they aren't using it to film a TV series{i'm ever hopefull} I hope they sell it to a fan. There wont be many people who could afford it {given that Han Solos blaster is expected to fetch $200,000 - $300,000 when it comes up for sale?} but those who can afford to buy the Falcon will be able to afford to look after her?

I suspect that they will be used for a Han Solo stand alone film. Also, after looking at the pics more closely, they are building the ship in pieces - easily removed from the frame. I hope this will be with us for a LONG time. :)

- - - Updated - - -

The weathering on the new Falcon is completely different than the original trilogy Falcon.

I noticed that as well... remember, we're 30 years into the future. I'm sure she's taken quite a beating. Look at most 30 year old cars (OMG... those are from the 80s - lol) I wouldn't expect the interior to look "exactly" the same. Look at the changes between all 3 OT films.

At least we're going to see her again! The pics have already sent chills

I noticed that as well... remember, we're 30 years into the future. I'm sure she's taken quite a beating. Look at most 30 year old cars (OMG... those are from the 80s - lol) I wouldn't expect the interior to look "exactly" the same. Look at the changes between all 3 OT films.

At least we're going to see her again! The pics have already sent chills

What I'm noting is more about the weathering style/technique. In the original trilogy, the Falcon had a lot of what looked like oil and dirty water stains that dripped down toward the center of the underbelly, or from the sides of the cockpit, and down toward the underside. But the new Falcon has more realistic looking scuffs and stains.

Wow what pics, i have chills too, so excited.

I agree about the falcon being in parts so they can store it easily and just bring the parts out they need for filming.
I love the weathering so far, looks like marks from flying not just sitting around.

Its not a patch on your one though SofaKing. :)

Given the work that you guys have put into re-constructing everything, I wonder how close or "close enough" the interiors are going to be. We have a couple of members who, as hobbyists, have been asked to help out with the production, due to their expertise in certain areas of Star Wars and prop knowledge ;) I wouldn´t be surprised if you guys were approached in the near future ;)

What I'm noting is more about the weathering style/technique. In the original trilogy, the Falcon had a lot of what looked like oil and dirty water stains that dripped down toward the center of the underbelly, or from the sides of the cockpit, and down toward the underside. But the new Falcon has more realistic looking scuffs and stains.

Hey Red,

When I first saw the completed exterior of the cockpit with the scuff marks (especially around the front window) I instantly thought of the 5' model and how the model makers created their scuff marks. I'm wondering if the set designers and model makers are taking a more exact approach with each ship?

Here's the tough part... We're far enough out that if this new MF totally blows us away, we could always switch gears and attempt to recreate that. But my heart still beats for the ESB version. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow what pics, i have chills too, so excited.

I agree about the falcon being in parts so they can store it easily and just bring the parts out they need for filming.
I love the weathering so far, looks like marks from flying not just sitting around.

Its not a patch on your one though SofaKing. :)

Hey SB,

I've been looking over these pics since they were dropped on the net - VERY exciting stuff! I wish we could move faster on ours, but we don't have the deep pockets or time. But I hope you guys are having as much fun as we are? :)

Given the work that you guys have put into re-constructing everything, I wonder how close or "close enough" the interiors are going to be. We have a couple of members who, as hobbyists, have been asked to help out with the production, due to their expertise in certain areas of Star Wars and prop knowledge ;) I wouldn´t be surprised if you guys were approached in the near future ;)

Hey D,

WOW... Are these members from the RPF? I'm sure they have been very tight lipped about what they have seen and done so far. WOW... I think everybody reading this post is as envious as I am. Our approach to the interior (as with the entire ship) will be nothing less than "close to perfect as possible"! I absolutely respect what the original designers did and want to pay homage to their work. We know we won't be able to find every greeblie they used, but the laser cutter and 3D printers allow us a freedom like never before. And with Starkillers 3D model/renders... I think we're on the right path.

If we get "that" call... WOW!!!!! :D Keeping my fingers crossed!

Awesome... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401897417.112627.jpg

Hi Gang,

I've been chatting with the team and while I am going to keep you all in the total dark about what direction we headed, this was one of the photos we've been looking at... ;)

anhmfcockpit1ks1.jpg

I just noticed something VERY interesting... Unless my eyes are deceiving me, notice how the lower panels, below the shelf, are actually mounted "behind" the rest of the panels. I think this was done so the shelves have more material / surface to mount. But it also added 6-8 inches of added floor space at the platforms.

Interesting... :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back