The Obsession, Building ANOTHER Working (Shooting) Bladerunner Blaster

Any chance we could see some more pics of the Steyr upper. maybe opened and closed. the pics cut off a little In the back. fascinating work and I probably have a allot of questions. If that would be alright..

Any chance we could see some more pics of the Steyr upper. maybe opened and closed. the pics cut off a little In the back. fascinating work and I probably have a allot of questions. If that would be alright..

Sorry, just noticed this post. I will take some pics when I get back to it next week. We are working on the build as we speak. Just removed the barrel stub from the Steyr and assembled the Bulldog with the the new barrel.

I am posting progress mainly in the Bladerunner site. I'll try to bring this thread up to date.

Here's a pic showing the Steyr receiver beside a Coyle replica. I needed to make the Steyr match the Coyle. That's my first shooter on the bottom, using that as an example of how things fit and line up.

Real&ReplicaRCVRS.jpg

Here's the Steyr sitting in an industrial grade Lagun mill. Using a special Kurt vise to hold it accurately and securely. Soft jaw liners were 3D printed to protect the finish of the Steyr.
We started with a 1/2 inch ball cutter and to make life easier ended up ordering a larger sized tungsten rough cutter.

SoftJawHolder.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The Steyr so far. Below it is the Coyle copy that we are using as an exemplar.

CutChannel.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
At the end of the Steyr, on the prop, there is this component I call the "end cap" or "breech cap" that has a hole in the middle of it where the pointy rod sits (people mistakenly believe it is the Steyr firing pin).

View attachment 626205

The barrel on a Steyr SL, as is typical with bolt action rifles, is threaded and is seated back in the receiver. This piece is the end of the barrel that screws into the receiver, I call it the "barrel stub." The barrel was cut off leaving a little reveal. I hope to turn this piece into a "breech cap" to contain the pointy rod which floats in it. Since the barrel stub has a hole which is larger that the diameter of the pointy rod, it will have to be welded over and drilled out to the correct dimension.

View attachment 626208

Here's a view of the Steyr receiver opened up and it now fits over the Charter Arms Bulldog.

BottomCut.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's how it straddles the Bulldog. Elevation and plumb will be set by the end piece.

FrontFit.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Left side showing how the Steyr will look when screwed into the Bulldog.

LeftSide.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

... and a view of the Right side.

RightSide.jpg

I'm reviving this thread for any photos of the finished product. I have a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special and a Tomenosuke 2049 Blaster kit in the mail and I want to do the same thing.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back