Rocketeer Cirrus X-3 Rocket Pack Build

It's been a slow week for progress but I did manage to cut the vent holes in the rocket tubes. From the picture, they look like they are different sizes but I assure you they are all identical.

VentHoles.jpg

Last edited:
Great build! It;s looking really nice, I'll be watching the progress as you go. I wish I had the time to do more builds for me, I haven't managed to get past the stage of deciding what I would actually want to display in my office.

Great build! It;s looking really nice, I'll be watching the progress as you go. I wish I had the time to do more builds for me, I haven't managed to get past the stage of deciding what I would actually want to display in my office.

Thank you! Build what you love and you will never go wrong. I'm at the stage in my life where I am able to finally make the stuff I wanted as a kid. Even in my early 40s, I'm fully enjoying my extended adolescence.

I haven't done much work on the pack lately because this showed up in my garage. I can't seem to get it above the speed limit. I don't know what's wrong with it... wink, wink.

Dodge.JPG

Last edited:
Looking great. If you want to take another crack at the red/blue heat discoloration. I simply used Metalcast Blue and Red rattle cans from AutoZone. I really like the look of yours as well.

IMG_1041.jpg

Looking great. If you want to take another crack at the red/blue heat discoloration. I simply used Metalcast Blue and Red rattle cans from AutoZone. I really like the look of yours as well.

View attachment 718518

Thanks! I tried and just couldn't get it the way I wanted with the heat discoloration, but I'm happy with the way they turned out.

I finally got a little time this weekend to work on the pack. I have the nosecone castings from @Valor and I was trying to figure out a good way to attach them to the nacelle tubes. I settled on taking some of the left over PVC tube and cutting it so that it was slightly smaller than its original diameter. Using some PVC glue, I slid the new ring down inside the tube leaving a small lip sticking up from the top. That way, I can slide the nosecone down over the ring and glue it without having to screw or drill it. The two parts match up very well but I'll still need to fill and sand in order to make everything smooth.

IMG_0114.JPGIMG_0115.JPGIMG_0116.JPGIMG_0119.JPGIMG_0120.JPGIMG_0121.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Let's Get Cirrus: X-3 Rocket Pack Build

I know the MIM kit has a fairly accurate build-up of the engine guts but since very little is seen on screen, I figured I'd have a little fun with my engines. One trip to the hardware store plumbing isle combined with some random greeblies from my bench and I'm on my way to having a couple of decent looking engines. However, I'm not entirely pleased with the brass tubing so I think I'll redo that part.

View attachment 751731View attachment 751732View attachment 751733

Where did you get the fuel bulbs from? I’m trying to get all m6 ducks in a row before I place the order with MIM..

Re: Let's Get Cirrus: X-3 Rocket Pack Build

Where did you get the fuel bulbs from? I’m trying to get all m6 ducks in a row before I place the order with MIM..

I found those on Ebay. The guy has raised his price since I bought mine but they look cool and are easy to work with.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back