Mos Eisley Docking Bay 94 1/350 Diorama

A bit of an update... Added some tiny details to the main bay... Just about ready for paint and weathering...

23144F6E-491F-437B-B7CF-F53429792AAB.jpeg8254D3AD-2B1C-4775-BC98-DC7742158DE5.jpeg

I know what you mean, I get the same way, but...I always have a few moments here and there toward the end where I get kinda sad that it's almost over. I even slowed down in the final stages of the ISD cause I was having so much fun :lol
Thanks, brother! I'm getting excited the closer I get to being done with it... This has been a labor of love for sure!

View attachment 828517

Slightly better shot above.

When I posted that, there was a little devil on my shoulder saying "Should I...? I bet I can hear the groan of anguish from here when he sees that." Sorry you (must have) spent so much time on the first letters. Given that this is Star Wars, one of the things that's always appealed to me is that the language was always written in Aurabesh, but the numbers were the familiar Terran variety (mostly invented by Persian mathematicians, sports fans!) I was very pleased when Lucas replaced the Tractor Beam in ANH for the SE with the Aurabesh text.

There's quite a few T-shirts and things with this logo on it. It's amazing how many people get the text wrong, though!

Really surprised that you changed it. I think it's cool...adds some SW verisimilitude (and uniqueness) to the model.

Y'know what I love about that scene? That there are actually two Artoos in it. Watch it carefully. Artoo is following behind on the left. then as the camera turns, another Artoo enters the shot following the group.

Indeed, if I did this copy/paste bs correctly :lol https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284148 Lots of folks chiming in on that one, lots of great suggestions and special thanks to INVAR in Kentucky and OMNIUS in Germany (I think), anyway those two are absolute, MASTERS OF DETAIL. If you've not seen their threads, you should...breath taking. Mine pales horribly compared to their builds. They seem to have infinite patience. let me know, I'll paste those too.
ISD? Is that on the rpf somewhere?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Blake!

Thanks my brother! I'm happy with it, though I wish I'd spent more time on the greeblies like the 2 masters have. mine is certainly a marginal build compared to theirs...those guys are unbelievable! And if you do one, be sure to get all the upgrades for it, and raise the trench walls .40 in with evergreen stuff (stock they're too short) and open the Tie hangars in the trenches...and lastly and it goes without saying, illuminate the h3ll out of it! I've got like 30 LED's and 1400 strands of FO in it! :wacko
I need me one of those! It's certainly on my list... Great work, by the way! Love your ISD.

Thanks my brother! I'm happy with it, though I wish I'd spent more time on the greeblies like the 2 masters have. mine is certainly a marginal build compared to theirs...those guys are unbelievable! And if you do one, be sure to get all the upgrades for it, and raise the trench walls .40 in with evergreen stuff (stock they're too short) and open the Tie hangars in the trenches...and lastly and it goes without saying, illuminate the h3ll out of it! I've got like 30 LED's and 1400 strands of FO in it! :wacko

You're welcome, man! Oh, I'll go all out on it, that's for sure... Hell, I spent over $100 on upgrade parts for my 1/350 Falcon kit that was $10...lol... All the hours of work put into it and the dio... man, I could charge a couple grand for it when all is said and done...lol

It's easy to do that's for sure. My ISD was the Russian kit, but the instructions were easy enough to follow, Revell, same thing but in English. I think I spend 130 in upgrade parts and PE sheet, and then another 50 to 70 in LED's and FO, but the results were worth it. Also have a good wide selection of Evergreen handy. I kept making trips to my hobby shop for stuff I didn't have, but lucky for me it's only 5 miles from my work. I'm going to go over there tomorrow about that receipt. The guy takes Wednesday's off and it would only confuse his wife trying to find it :thumbsup
You're welcome, man! Oh, I'll go all out on it, that's for sure... Hell, I spent over $100 on upgrade parts for my 1/350 Falcon kit that was $10...lol... All the hours of work put into it and the dio... man, I could charge a couple grand for it when all is said and done...lol

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and the IDS kit is around 100 bucks

It's easy to do that's for sure. My ISD was the Russian kit, but the instructions were easy enough to follow, Revell, same thing but in English. I think I spend 130 in upgrade parts and PE sheet, and then another 50 to 70 in LED's and FO, but the results were worth it. Also have a good wide selection of Evergreen handy. I kept making trips to my hobby shop for stuff I didn't have, but lucky for me it's only 5 miles from my work. I'm going to go over there tomorrow about that receipt. The guy takes Wednesday's off and it would only confuse his wife trying to find it :thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and the IDS kit is around 100 bucks

Yeah, that's not too bad for that kit... One day I'd like to do a large scale scratch build ISD...

now THAT is a project! there's a kit out there I think, 4ft long? Spendy though...600 bucks or something like that.

Yeah, a Randy Cooper kit... He's a talented modeler, but I feel the ISD is a perfect enough ship to scratch build. I'm thinking a 1/1000 scaled ship is doable. I'd love to make it 1/350, but that would put it at nearly 15 feet! I'll need to own my home first...lol

Your scratch would probably be better anyway, but might still cost you the same :lol
Yeah, a Randy Cooper kit... He's a talented modeler, but I feel the ISD is a perfect enough ship to scratch build. I'm thinking a 1/1000 scaled ship is doable. I'd love to make it 1/350, but that would put it at nearly 15 feet! I'll need to own my home first...lol

a member @Scratchy scratch built a 1/2222 version

Quite an amazing build and lots of great info on parts ids and other stuff

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=69795

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back