Kurtyboy's project updates: 24 July - More blasters

Re: Project updates 30 June - Return of the Skywalker

Awesome work. In looking at the pics I thought to myself: "The work on the props is done with passion and love..but I think to work on and fix mannequins is a pain!" :)

Working on these mannequins is a pain. I think I need to take even more off Luke's shoulders. Means taking him apart again and hacking/taping/fiberglassing again.

Going to have to do the same with the Fett mannequin as well. He stands up straight until I put his boots on but they cause him to lean forward. And that's after 3 attempts to get the legs/feet right.

I hate the whole process!!!

Loving your Luke mannequin. Where did you get the tunic from?

Costume was made by The Magic Turdrobe. Let's just say avoid them at all costs, very unprofessional.

The tunic is a bit of a mess anyway. Very badly tailored to this mannequin.

Thanks everyone.

I'm struggling to get Boba Fett finished. Trying to attach the armor to the vest the accurate way with grommets and plastic screws is proving to be impossible for me. Three days at it and just getting nowhere! :facepalm

Project updates 6 July - Boba Fett flak vest armor attachment with grommets/eyelets

I finally attached the Boba Fett armor to the flak vest with grommets/eyelets and plastic screws/thumbscrews. Had a lot of help from Robotarot at TDH.
fettvest5.jpg

fettvest6.jpg

fettvest7.jpg

Re: Project updates 6 July - Boba Fett flak vest armor attachment with grommets/eyele

very very cool. love how u made the attaching system like the original

Re: Project updates 6 July - Boba Fett flak vest armor attachment with grommets/eyele

very very cool. love how u made the attaching system like the original

Marcus´goal is to recreate EVERYTHING exactly like the original..down to the last tiny detail, if possible.

Hell...it is KURTYBOY we´re talking about! One of the most detail-fanatic RPF-members in existence ;)

Markus

Kurtyboy, may I ask the source of your armor, or did you these yourself?

It's an older Fett Pride set. V2 possibly?

Project updates 11 July - Vader ESB(ish) rebuild

This guy has been dug out of storage, overhauled and rebuilt. Several parts need upgrading but I just can't afford to spend on props what I could 6 years ago so this is how he'll look for the foreseeable future. It's supposed to be ESB but some of the parts don't match. The helmet is a GH RotJ for example although I do have an untouched TM ESB but no motivation to finish it! Chest and arms need some more padding...

Here are some recognizable poses for ya!

Vaderesb3.jpg

Vaderesb2.jpg

Vaderesb1.jpg

Vaderesb4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And here's the completed belt. ESB stunt style - all real parts. Finished like the tour belts with battery pack on the back. The green lights nearest the buckle are the push buttons that turn each belt box on and off. Button down for off, button up for on.
vaderbelt11.jpg

vaderbelt10.jpg

Last edited:
Project updates 12 July - Vader ESB(ish) and Boba Fett rebuilds!

Rebuild of Boba Fett mannequin also complete. Some minor work to the right gauntlet and helmet interior, jetpack beacon installed... he's never looked so good!

nufett49.jpg

nufett50.jpg

nufett51.jpg

Here's a shot under the hood.
nufett52.jpg

Reasonably accurate interior.
nufett53.jpg

Original helmet.
nufett54.jpg

Re: Project updates 12 July - Vader ESB(ish) and Boba Fett rebuilds!

The inside of that helmet is really damn impressive. Looks killer, man.

Re: Project updates 12 July - Vader ESB(ish) and Boba Fett rebuilds!

Keep this pictures coming. So much fun and creativity, also to learn from.

Project updates 15 July - Father and son.

Thanks, the helmet interior was a lot of work to find all the parts. Mostly the correct electronics components, screws/washers/bolts, chin straps and chin cup etc.

I thought this would make a fun photo. Father and son.
fatherandson2.jpg

This one would look really cool with Luke's RotJ outfit and binders.
fatherandson1.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back