The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

Did you see a need to include the bottom ring in the vent assembly? I was thinking if it serves no purpose it might help with the thickness to leave it off.

Yes I left that bottom ring out,....what actually happened was that I fitted the grilles,.....with superglue.....& was unhappy with their height......then I has to dig them out.....thats why theres still a clean up needed

J

When I made them up they sat too tall on the heat vent tube.....I had to cutaway some of the plastic the PE sits on to let it have a lower profile,...still a bit of cleaning up to do

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag383/jaitea1/ANH Bandai 1-144 Falcon/IMG_3737_zpsagfykkjw.jpg

J

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I had to take them out again,.....cant get them to look right......popped in the kit-part......Perfect.....they look brilliant

I ended up warping the PE,.....don't know if I should order a new set & give it another go,....they just don't sit in the recess level & theres a gap around them as though they are a shade too small,....dunno

Gonna leave this bit & focus on another area & come back to it....wasting too much time fiddling,...other bits need done

J

Does anyone any good shots of the undersides of the landing pads that were added for Empire on the 5ft Falcon? I've tried to find some good shots for reference painting and can't find any. I have great ones of the underside before they were added, but that's not helping with the Bandai. I'm not talking digital asset either, that actual model.

Does anyone any good shots of the undersides of the landing pads that were added for Empire on the 5ft Falcon? I've tried to find some good shots for reference painting and can't find any. I have great ones of the underside before they were added, but that's not helping with the Bandai. I'm not talking digital asset either, that actual model.

Here's some images:

http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/jaiteastu/library/5 Foot Millennium Falcon/Underside/ESB Underside?sort=3&page=1

Underside2.jpg

mf_btmf.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

falcon12underside_jpg.jpg

552895_432536710113001_2066408384_n.jpg

jl_mf_0201.jpg

6305185960_70cbd37369_o.jpg

mmmm.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 22.28.11.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 22.26.17.png

J

Last edited:
I brought out my old Fine Molds 1/144 Falcon I did a few years ago to compare with the Bandai. I realize that the FM was based more off the 32" (incorrectly), but Bandai blows it out of the water! Not only the shape, but the details are incredible on the Bandai as well.
20160202_071528.jpg

I brought out my old Fine Molds 1/144 Falcon I did a few years ago to compare with the Bandai. I realize that the FM was based more off the 32" (incorrectly), but Bandai blows it out of the water! Not only the shape, but the details are incredible on the Bandai as well.
View attachment 585995

Your streaking on the bandai looks awesome. That's probably the trickiest thing about the falcon to nail down.Especially at such a small scale

Here is a picture of the engine vents. I did not modify the holes they go into in any way. You can see what Jaitea was talking about that they are slightly smaller than the opening. Keep in mind that this photo is an extreme closeup of an area no more than 1.5 x 2 inches. I can't see the dust that shows up in the photo with the naked eye. The gap is hardly noticeable with the naked eye also.
20160205_122411.jpg

View attachment 585995
Do you have a link to your build thread? I'd love to see close ups of your streaking.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Do you have a link to your build thread? I'd love to see close ups of your streaking.

I got so excited over this kit that I did it in like 2 weeks. I didn't do a build thread because I didn't feel like I had anything new to offer compared to what everyone was already doing. I'll PM you some photos as soon as I get my camera out and take some non cell phone shots.

I got so excited over this kit that I did it in like 2 weeks. I didn't do a build thread because I didn't feel like I was really doing anything that everyone wasn't already doing. I'll PM you some photos as soon as I get my camera out and take some non cell phone shots.
Awesome. Your streaks are very defined. I like that. Especially considering the way the studio models were done.

For the first fine mold falcon I did, I used Gundam markers for the streaks. And I lightly scratched them on. Almost like dry brushing. Even though the rest of the model looked awful, the streaks kinda worked

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back