MCL34N's ASM2 WIP (video update 9-9)

I'm so happy that I joined the site right around the time you started this, MCL34N. When I joined I saw your Amazing Spiderman 1 suit and I was like: me...want... I originally contacted you about it, but now I'm going to wait for this beastmode project to be ready. :)

McLean may I know you printed that print on a white fabric or on a colored fabric ? The colors are really strong .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

That's awesome man, not easy to sew separate fabrics into one suit ~ lol

It is indeed awesome. He also made it so he can unzip the waist and separate the shirt from the pants entirely. The man is a wizard with a sewing machine.

It is indeed awesome. He also made it so he can unzip the waist and separate the shirt from the pants entirely. The man is a wizard with a sewing machine.

He is just beside the original level, crazy. Very much hoping to get a McLean print from him~

Haha, thanks man, it's just that with the amount of work I've put in and lessons I've learned, it's become more apparent how much better it could be if I began with some more accurate base materials, like the eventual pattern and shell+frames MCL34N is putting together.
I understand how, for example, CWillis13 felt when he'd already made a wonderful rendition of the ASM1 suit and decided he'd do the whole project over again starting with a MCL34N print. We were right to praise him for his original effort, but he was also right that he could make something even more amazing if he took another crack at it.
He went from this to THIS.
It doesn't diminish the awesomeness of his first suit to admit the mega awesomeness of his second suit.
Anyway. I'll still finish my version of this ASM2 suit, it's just hard (like with all MCL34N projects) to look at these results and not think, "Oh, man I'd much rather have THAT!" :lol

I miss this site alot

Thank you Zach. Anyways. McLean it goes as no surprise ive been a fan of your work for a long time and I couldnt be more grateful I got in contact with you to sport your suit and face shell. I dont think anyone is as on top of things as you with the ASM replicas (no offense to fellow members, his work has just been bar none). I will be an ASM1 spiderman even through the popularity of the sequel and will be anticipating the ASM3 design in hopes of it being more like the first. In the meantime I will be watching your progress and improvements of the new suit as the movie draws closer! :)

Wow! CWillis13, how did you make that second attempt look exactly like the screen used suit?!? Those colours are gorgoeus!!

Also, the prototype looks spot on Mclean, love the eyes especially

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! @CWillis13, how did you make that second attempt look exactly like the screen used suit?!? Those colours are gorgoeus!!

Also, the prototype looks spot on Mclean, love the eyes especially

That was 50% the work of a plain good size L dye sub by our man McLean :)

The rest was me using a 1:1 scale HD poster on spider man as reference, and a steady hand on the paint application. plus 2 layers of waterred down paint to brighten the red and blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey McLean! I am Leo! I made a facebook adress because you never answer me on RPF. But I see you can't answer on facebook, too. I don't like the facebook but I needed to make an adress because I didn't know how I can contact with you. Why don't you answer me on RPF? One month you have not answered me. I see that you make nothing. I ask you to send me my money back what I sent you for the print and faceshell. I saw on facebook that you sell faceshells for costumers . But you have not made my print and faceshell since 6 months. Since 6 months I have got nothing. You said me one month ago that you will send them but I got nothing.I am sorry that you made on this way. Send me here the payment back on this adress jaszfalvip@yahoo.com . Because I see you don't want to make them half year. And you don't answer me on RPF since months. I became tired by this situation. I don't want to force you on to make them. All money 365 dollar send me back what I sent you.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back