The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Has anybody made any patterns for the stick holster (from the black costume)?

I'm going to work on that soon, I'll try and document the process. Looks pretty simple.

Two slots for the sticks, with two straps around the leg holding it in place. What I haven't seen is the closure system. Buckles, or velcro or something else.

I received shipping notifications from both the Chinese rafaello site and dress code - should have two different g-stars to compare soon, hopefully! The pair ordered from the Chinese site is actually posting from Italy...

Last edited:
3D print money just poofed away (unexpected bills, yay!) so till I can I can afford that again, I've downgraded my cowl model and have started a pep unfold.

lj03nIj.jpg

Despite eliminating a lot of detail from the model, the edges from all the raised panels are just killing me in this unfold. This is going to take a while!

Still going strong....

Would there be any interest in his bracers, gaiters, and holster in pep form?

I am interested in anything that revolves around the red suit. Unfortunately we have a family member in hospice right now, but I am still trying to spend even 5 minutes here and there working on my suit. So anything helps, and pep files would save me personally a lot of time even if they were just straight foam files, I can make about anything work.

no, it doesnt exist anymore, in previous posts i've explained it simply will be impossible to obtain after speaking to around 30 merchants.

its the M pattern but doesnt really show much

I got mine (Hex - red stitch) on eBay last week so there are still some left but may depend on sizing, etc. I also ordered 2 that incorrectly came as the "M" shirt - one off amazon and the other CompressionSale -- both of which I'm returning.

Westies14 said:
I received shipping notifications from both the Chinese rafaello site and dress code - should have two different g-stars to compare soon, hopefully! The pair ordered from the Chinese site is actually posting from Italy...
I ordered one from that DressCode site (the dune/tan ones). Should be here Thursday (ships from Arizona). I'm probably going to need to bring it to someone to alter it though because the waist will likely be too big.

I am interested in anything that revolves around the red suit. Unfortunately we have a family member in hospice right now, but I am still trying to spend even 5 minutes here and there working on my suit. So anything helps, and pep files would save me personally a lot of time even if they were just straight foam files, I can make about anything work.

Actually, foam files would probably be best for the bracers and gaiters, as they look to have been cast as flat rubber sheets. The masters for bracer molds could totally be made from stacked foamie sheets and be accurate.

I'll have some new stuff to show later today :)

Just found out Blender's exported OBJs retain their coloring :D

Almost done with this very tedious unfold. The countersunk holes for the hex nuts have been omitted from the print pages; rather than engage in that kind of lunacy, I think it'd be much easier (with less risk of warping) to just drill those out after the piece has been hardened.

6TEUrxe.jpg

I think I'll be done before the end of the day!

The green ones ("arsenic" on the tag) are very dark - almost looked black in the mailing package. The zips are metal. I'd imagine they likely used a black pair and stripped the zips' paint to provide some contrast on screen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431534252.015367.jpg

Got my shirt today. It's a xxl. Kind of snug on my 227lb frame. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431547270.966817.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431547286.758264.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431547298.364193.jpg
Also picked up a pair of black leggings. Getting the blank face mask tomorrow.
Will be using my black tactical pants and black magnum boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The green ones ("arsenic" on the tag) are very dark - almost looked black in the mailing package. The zips are metal. I'd imagine they likely used a black pair and stripped the zips' paint to provide some contrast on screen.

View attachment 476967

My Dune ones arrived today. I've never owned a pair of G-Star before but these are definitely quality pants. I may need to get the waist altered before I do anything else, but wanted to say thanks - the DressCode website shipped it fast (2 days).

Got my shirt today. It's a xxl. Kind of snug on my 227lb frame. View attachment 477014View attachment 477015View attachment 477016
Also picked up a pair of black leggings. Getting the blank face mask tomorrow.
Will be using my black tactical pants and black magnum boots.

Is that the 8840? I'm surprised that it has the McDavid logo on the front - in the pictures the logo has always been on the arm...

Are there still only three publicity photos (and that promo spot) of the final costume? I'm trying to model his holster but there is simply not enough reference. Very basic details of its shape are totally obscured and I'm going a bit nuts here trying to figure out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back