Quasimodo Darth Vader helmet - Version II

You're right but I hate handling and moving it around so I just took the pic where it was. This is a little better.

DSCF0864.jpg

Here's an outdoor shot of a Quasimodo ESB, courtesy of its new owner, Saltaireguru.

I never knew there was a place called Saltaire. :)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b...esb-belonging-to-saltaireguru_zps7oyshbmm.jpg

Between this shot and Eifon's, I'm kinda jealous. I can't afford one of my own helmets. I have to drool over pictures of yours! :cry

REDICULOUS!

After all the work you put in...we should put in for a helment for you! Without you (and Bookface), we wouldn't have our Uglies and Quasis(Quasii?) to enjoy.

Between this shot and Eifon's, I'm kinda jealous. I can't afford one of my own helmets. I have to drool over pictures of yours! :cry

You two (You and Bookface) Just need to bite the bullet and make a helmet for each of yourselves - you shouldn't have to pay for the helmet, as it's your sculpting.

...speaking of which, I'm really tempted to sell my Leica 50mm Summilux, buy the 50mm Summicron, then order the ESB Q2. :D

Believe me, I appreciate all the feedback whole heartedly. I don't think its demeaning at all. When I was trying to research the helmet, someone recommended I put it on therfp because you guys could tell me what it was. As far as the story behind the helmet, This is all I can vouch for. I purchased the helmet 15 years ago in Long Beach, CA where I lived at the time. Purchasing the helmet 15 years ago (2001), is all I can verify. I was 15 at the time (now 30). The individual I bought it from told me his friend in the studio business had it for 20 years (this is something I can't verify, and just what he told me). He could have very well been lying just to make a buck, I get that. But i know I was 15 when I bought it in 2001, and northglass didn't come out til 2005, that's weird. I know absolutely nothing behind the helmet before I bought it, so just trying to authenticate it in some way, or relate it to some replica manufacturer..
I appreciate any and all feedback to help find where this helmet came from.

That's the part that gets me. If you didn't buy it until 2001, not sure how it could be an ROTS movie, 4 years before the movie came out and anyone had any idea what the helmet would look like? Something doesn't add up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    990.9 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Hi sorry but I have a quick question. Has there ever been an exact replica made of the Darth Vader ANH helmet? Thanks.

I was hoping to have an ESB Quasimodo v2 ordered this month. It literally is the most beautiful Vader helmet out there IMHO. Buuuuuut, thanks to hospital bills from kidney stones, I now have wait a few moths :cry. Please keep posting photos everyone, as I'm now living vicariously through you guys.

Those are some great pics guys, thanks for sharing!

Though believe me when I say Mac isn't exactly hurting for Vader helmets, he's just hurting for space to put them, or I would have sent him an ESB before now. :)

I was hoping to have an ESB Quasimodo v2 ordered this month. It literally is the most beautiful Vader helmet out there IMHO. Buuuuuut, thanks to hospital bills from kidney stones, I now have wait a few moths :cry. Please keep posting photos everyone, as I'm now living vicariously through you guys.

All these images are making me drool! I need to hurry up and order mine. Finally decided on ESB, ANH will have to wait. Looks too much like this ;)

:D

joinus_1.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back