Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safest bet is HalloweenCostumes, $100 and basically same as the V2 sole with slight differences (i think the heel cup is a tad bit different) And they're legit so you won't get scammed. The worst case scenario is they have a size out of stock.

As for the V3's, we'd be better off finding people to do the following:
-3D modelling Ankle Buckle, Heel cup, Midsole, Outsole, Heel Decals
-Printing in various sizes
-Molding, Casting in various sizes (painting the molds so the casts would be correct color after curing)
-Sourcing grey fabric in bulk
-Sourcing best materials for upper construction
-Assembling the upper in various sizes
-Lights and Wiring

Then in a group effort, sell all as a kit and the buyer just installs the lights, glues the decals to the heel cup, the heel cup to the midsole, and the midsole to the clear sole. Then runs the wires inside the upper and attaches the strap to the ankle buckle, then finally glues the upper to their assembled and lit up sole and heel cup.
I totally bet we can do this before seeing a V3, and even this would take years to pull together.
Yeah but with the shipping and Canadian Dollar exchange it gets to something about 130 / 150 CAD for me

For the V3's, I guess the biggest challenge is the entire sole.
Annnnnnndddd the Power Laces :D (I have an idea on that but I have to figure out something before exposing it)

As for the V3's, we'd be better off finding people to do the following:
-3D modelling Ankle Buckle, Heel cup, Midsole, Outsole, Heel Decals
-Printing in various sizes
-Molding, Casting in various sizes (painting the molds so the casts would be correct color after curing)
-Sourcing grey fabric in bulk
-Sourcing best materials for upper construction
-Assembling the upper in various sizes
-Lights and Wiring

Then in a group effort, sell all as a kit and the buyer just installs the lights, glues the decals to the heel cup, the heel cup to the midsole, and the midsole to the clear sole. Then runs the wires inside the upper and attaches the strap to the ankle buckle, then finally glues the upper to their assembled and lit up sole and heel cup.
I totally bet we can do this before seeing a V3, and even this would take years to pull together.

How much did you want to pay for a pair of shoes?

- - - Updated - - -

So that L on the template ? @cavx

Yes, it is an x,y axis where each leg is 25.4mm when printed 1:1.

- - - Updated - - -

"Please wait two more weeks"...

Well they did say December 25 which is "two weeks".

cavx, i know right the price would be pretty crazy, but for and by the members would be a + and most likely not anywhere around $8k, depending on the seller and adding in labor costs lol

Last edited by a moderator:
@cavx, i know right the price would be pretty crazy, but for and by the members would be a + and most likely not anywhere around $8k, depending on the seller and adding in labor costs lol

I am saying this because, how many on this board bought the CP-3D part? Here was a guy (@cloenprops) that access to both the real shoe and some pretty neat 3D modeling softwear. He was armed with the needed skills to make a full 3D printed shoe. Based on costs and what people could actually use, he produced a part (the ankle buckle) and let it be printed by anyone with a Shapeways account. I know of maybe 5 people that bought these. I am sure many did, but where are the photos of their shoes?

I have two pair of these and would like to fill one set with clay to take a mold of it, but then there comes a few "grey areas" (is it re-casting to use this part as a more accurate base?) and based on what my soles cost to make, a huge outlay of $$$ in silicone and other materials. I already have the ability to produce a stunning white part.

Soles cost even more to make and then there is the issue of sewing up the uppers. The laces always stumped me.

So in the end, even if you sell each pair at a grand, you still have to sell at least 20 pair just to break even. How many complained about the price of the V2 and bought HC MAGs based on price? And why I don't think this will happen.

The Chinese don't seem to want to work with us on this and is just da-ja vu for me all over again. As I have said and based on my own personal experiences, you need to have contacts on the ground in China, and then be prepared to jump on a plain and visit these people. Then, maybe, you have a chance at getting the product you want. Big outlay and no real guarantees.

Yep, sorta why I made that post; lots of work from lots of people, and still a lot of time and money involved. Other than that scenario and waiting for a V3, we have the V2 and knowledge of the mods to accurize it.

Yep, sorta why I made that post; lots of work from lots of people, and still a lot of time and money involved. Other than that scenario and waiting for a V3, we have the V2 and knowledge of the mods to accurize it.

The Chinese did say December 25, so we need to at least wait for that. In the meantime, there is a Star Wars film to distract us ;)

The Chinese did say December 25, so we need to at least wait for that. In the meantime, there is a Star Wars film to distract us ;)

Wait.....there's a new Star Wars?!?!!?! Haha ;) Been avoiding all trailers for this since sometime last year, so needless to say I am VERY excited.

Back on topic though, as usual all we can do is wait and see and keep on modding.

When you really think about it, it's the faults of the V2s and the overall lack of a truly accurate shoe that have forced everyone on here to put in the hard work and come up with all the different mods that we have and it's kept everyone pushing to try and make the best shoes we can.

and that's no bad thing :)

When you really think about it, it's the faults of the V2s and the overall lack of a truly accurate shoe that have forced everyone on here to put in the hard work and come up with all the different mods that we have and it's kept everyone pushing to try and make the best shoes we can.

and that's no bad thing :)

Yeah, has been an interesting journey from the original on the left to the modded on the right. You can really see how worn (out) my upper are now.

Attachments

• MAG Modding 1.JPG
    MAG Modding 1.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 76
  • MAG Modding 2.jpg
    MAG Modding 2.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 83
Who says this stuff? The factory? I really want to see it since I might buy V3s instead of V2s

Hi everyone, I'm trying to unglue the sole of the Black V2, and I really don't find a weak point on this shoe... Is there something I am missing with my hair dryer ? How long do you stay on a spot to get the first butterknife in ? I did this with the HC and it was ok but here it seems that th've melted the fabric with the sole ^^

Hi everyone, I'm trying to unglue the sole of the Black V2, and I really don't find a weak point on this shoe... Is there something I am missing with my hair dryer ? How long do you stay on a spot to get the first butterknife in ? I did this with the HC and it was ok but here it seems that th've melted the fabric with the sole ^^

Taking the whole thing off? Start at the Heel Cup.

I just want to get the toe box off... But, I won't have to do it if I manage to get rid of the wrinkles (I have good hope about it) - see the picture above ;)
@prime3446 : I have the same questionning. As i didn't opened the shoe, so it seems impossible to sew it... I'm not sure about the glue option.

Question about the POWER LACES :
- expect from blake devin, is there other system or people on this forum who had try to make the system ? Pictures available or post links please ;)

About ironing the laces :
- i read about ironing the laces, but i didn't understood why doing this ?

Last edited:
@cavx my pair has the CP heel cup. Are they no longer available? I was just thinking of getting another set....

He released the ankle buckle on Shape-ways which is still available. He had made (molded and cast) a few sets of Heel Cups, but they were extremely limited. I wish I could buy Heel Cups and bubbles in a 3D print. Would make my projects much easier.

@cavx how did you attach your new tongue ? did you use glue or sew them in?

Mine is sewn in. You can see the stitching on the wear pair, but I went in from underneath on the display pair.

I just want to get the toe box off... But, I won't have to do it if I manage to get rid of the wrinkles (I have good hope about it) - see the picture above ;)

When I did my last pair of sock toe mods (my wear pair) I started just inline with the end lace on the outside of the shoe. All I did was heat it, then rub my finger along the seam until the cloth let go from the cloth. I then re-heated and ran the edge (more the corner) of a plastic ruler which kind of pulled the hot glue away until I made a hole big enough to poke my finger in. Once I got my finger down inside, the front of the shoe basically lifter up. Remember, my shoes are over 2 years old now, so the glue may have broken down a bit over that time. However, the technique should still work even on a new pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back