Thorssoli's First Order Builds - Captain Phasma FINISHED on Page 21!

Re: Thorssoli's Episode VII Builds (Finished TIE Pilots P12)

Wow!!! saw these photos floating round Facebook, I was blown away, incredible work all round :).

Thanks again for helping us get our kits on such short notice.

Our suits were from Crow Props on FB. Giovanni Rodriguez from Ecuador.

Thanks again for helping us get our kits on such short notice.

Thank you, guys. You looked great. Now it's just time to get the rest of them up to speed.

In other news, despite being away from the shop for most of this past week, the carving robots have made progress on the next big thing:

Here's me doing the short guy size test:

Not a lot of hard parts for that one, so this'll be getting going soon:

Soon...

You work continues to impress and amaze, thanks for sharing all the progress pics! Can't wait to see how the Snowtrooper turns out :)

Holy Qubert (#%?!!#!) !!! Amazing work, man!! Tie Pilot -want want, lol!!!

Cant wait to get my armor!

Soon...

Holy Qubert (#%?!!#!) !!! Amazing work, man!! Tie Pilot -want want, lol!!!

Shoot me a PM.

You work continues to impress and amaze, thanks for sharing all the progress pics! Can't wait to see how the Snowtrooper turns out :)

Thank you for the kind words. Praise like this is practically fuel for these kinds of projects.

The snowtrooper is coming along. But that didn't stop me from getting started on something else entirely:

Bonus points to the first person who can guess what these carved parts will become.

Yes. Can't wait!! Bring that flamey to me?!!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The action figure does help with the guess.

As always you do such amazing detailed work. I have been following this thread for a while and each project comes together so beautifully.

Bonjour,

Je suis avec un grand intêret votre publication sur le pilote tie du nouvel ordre.
Je voulais savoir si il était possible de connaitre les différentes dimensions des pièces constituant les éléments du pilote ?

Bien cordialement arnaud

Okay, I'm way overdue for an update. I just wrapped up a big project and gave myself a brief vacation to go attend my girlfriend's graduation from veterinary school, so now I'm back to work in the shop. Among other things, I've dusted off the Flametrooper parts and started assembling things. For various reasons, I started with the thighs:

After they were smoothed out and painted with a nice glossy topcoat, my friend Matt buffed them to their final shine:

Then I set them up for molding:

Here's the molds all bolted together and ready to go:

Soon I'll actually lay up a pair of them.

First, I think I'll focus on finishing up the prototypes for the shins and ankles:

The chest too:

I still couldn't resist the urge to do a test-fitting:

At this point, I'm thinking I may remake the helmet. The flamethrower may end up getting some more attention first though:

Here's how the chest looks right now:

The back is nearly done too:

I've also dusted off the Phasma build. Here's the state of my parts right now:

It's closer to finished than it probably looks. I just need to go ahead and sculpt out the last two little plates. Then I can finish my snowtrooper and polish up a set of TIE pilot parts for myself and so on...

Stay tuned...

I just did a little sex wee seeing this. Whoop!!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Re: Thorssoli's Episode VII Builds (Flametrooper Progress Continues on P12)

As of Saturday I now have all of the flametrooper parts carved out.

Here's the chest, back, rib flaps, and butt/thigh plates in the process of filling, priming, and sanding:

More pics as soon as I can clear off enough bench space to lay out all of the parts.

Looks great! Are you going to re-do the helmet for sure? What would you do differently?

Looks great! Are you going to re-do the helmet for sure? What would you do differently?

I'm thinking I'll grind down one of my TIE pilot helmets and mod it into a Flametrooper. I'm a bit happier with the scale and proportions of the TIE.

Of course, that'll be after I've finished the rest of the Flametrooper parts.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back