Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

Opening shot in IX .

Pretty sure this is actually true so I'll spoiler tag it for the faint hearted !

Obligatory Open shot of space the falcon slowly flying in to frame .

We close in on the ship, camera swoops through the front window down the corridor and into a steem filled room .

Out of a shower steps Bobby Ewing ......Er I mean ....

Luke Skywalker !

It was a dream !
It was all just a dream !

We find out Rey pissed of Chewy by thinking she was the new captian of the Falcon.
Chewbacca well he did not like that so he kind of "accidentally" ripped both her arms off !

She found out You really should let wookies win !!!!! especially ones you have only known for a few days !

Its all just been a fever dream Of Rey's while she healed in a Bacta tank !

...you again? i thought you threatened to be gone lol

...you again? i thought you threatened to be gone lol

Yeah I messed up on that didn't i ?
Failed to mention there might be jokes .

But i promise to have no REAL OPINION on what's coming as I did last movie . that's when I get in trouble .

I had learned my lesson on TFA

And only joked about Rouge one so all was well !

But I forgot and got serious about stars wars again , that always gets all over it !

Just the occasional

ARE WE THERE YET ?

For me .

But seriously if you catch me with a Real opinion our thought please, please, please P.M. me or something and remind me to shut up . no original thought . it is highly frowned upon these days by some !

But if Luke pops outta the shower I expect gift baskets !

But I'm sure he will be a bit more on the side .

Last edited:
Mark Hamill's latest quote:

I refuse to believe that he's gone. My theory is he just teleported to somewhere else and left his robe behind. He teleported to a nudist colony, that's what I'm hoping.

Oh my I hope he's right. Harrison Ford had no desire to do more than one movie. Carrie Fisher is sadly gone. Mark Hamill was open to carrying the torch, so you decline to use him in the first film (admitting that they couldn't figure out how to include him because it would seem to take away suspense if his character was there to save the day--which is just bad writing skills), and then turn him into a bitter, hopeless coward for the second before killing him off.

Mark Hamill gets it. Let's hope JJ wakes the heck up and realizes what could still be done with Luke.

Last edited by a moderator:
There really is no way to salvage what's left of the story to make a compelling conclusion.

We know that Rey and Kylo will face off but there isn't much of a reason to care about the conflict. That should be the emotional center of the story, but honestly if Kylo is beyond saving and he and Rey are pretty much equally matched in their Force abilities, then where is the drama going to come from?

There really is no way to salvage what's left of the story to make a compelling conclusion.

We know that Rey and Kylo will face off but there isn't much of a reason to care about the conflict. That should be the emotional center of the story, but honestly if Kylo is beyond saving and he and Rey are pretty much equally matched in their Force abilities, then where is the drama going to come from?

This is what i've been saying all along.

Not to mention, they originally billed this as the conclusion of the Skywalker saga, though not much since TFA came out. That said, it's a rather @#itty conclusion to it. 100% negative - Ford saved his character frankly in TFA, but the destroyed his character arc, destroyed Luke's character arc, never got around to destroying Leia's frankly, though destroyed the releationship with Han more or less, and Ackbar essentially got a big eff you, too. 3po and R2 basically relegated to cameo's.

Now before someone jumps the gun, i'm not saying at all these should have focused completely on the original characters. The 3 films should have been used as a transition though and could EASILY have been done with out crapping all over the originals.

But as of now, they've angered A LOT of fans and have nothing compelling left to tie up in IX. If this was the culmination of the Skywalker story line, then everything should have been building to this as a clear end. As it is now, you'd have to say there's nothing left to end other than Kylo's life, which ergo ends the skywalker saga. Which, frankly, is a massively crappy way to end it.

Then again, maybe that's not the end of it. Maybe we didn't see Luke in TLJ at all. Maybe we saw Luuke :)

We have already seen them face off twice... how can Rey vs Kylo ever be a marquee event in another SW movie? Rey maimed him when she was 100% green and then fought him to a draw 2 days later. As I have harped on before, the time compression destroys this trilogy. So many story beats of TFA just crumble in TLJ. In TFA Finn needs a pilot just to make it to Jakku's surface. A few days later he is flying to Canto Bight in another system and then piloting a ski speeder on Crait. He gets sliced up his backbone with the meanest looking lightsaber in the franchise and goes down like a clubbed fish, but he's right as rain in 36 hours. Rey sees Kylo murder his dad and her surrogate father figure and two days later she says he can be turned and he's the Resistance's last hope? Sigh...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back