Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

I think I have to disagree at some extent, gents. I agree that it is similar but I think the amount and shape of the paint chipping on the emitter face doesn't correlate with the V2 pics at SWCA. Also, the rings on the "grenade" body are not as clearly defined to be the V2 or a Yuma and the clamp lever is clearly that of a regular Graflex clamp; the V2 lever jets far down into the length of the pommel and no amount of angling the camera is going to cut off nearly half-inch of extra lever.

In fact, watching the shot of him clamoring up the side of the sail barge, I'm pretty positive this is a resin casting like the ones with the hole in the bottom of the pommel. Most likely of the original Stunt hilts (quite probably the Shared if it kept the original clamp band). These are the best I can do right now, hopefully, someone who cares enough to bother screencap-ing the Blu-Ray editions, by better means than just Print-Screen, can get better, clearer frames to corroborate this.

View attachment 668687View attachment 668689View attachment 668691View attachment 668688View attachment 668690

Again, they're crap photos but I believe it's hollow and something like a key-ring clip (perhaps square) loops through the pommel and attaches itself to Hamill's belt (if he's wearing one under the vest) or just through the vest itself, judging by how much of the fabric is pulled by the clip into the bottom of the pommel. For practicality sake during filming, I believe this is why this can't be Yuma, or a V2; why both risk hurting your actor and damaging your 'hero' prop for the day?

All this gussing up to look like the V2 would therefore most likely be cosmetic work done to keep continuity between shots of the hilt.

In fact, we know there were casts made of the Stunts with the Graflex clamp and were hollow thanks to the Discoveries in the Archives video, as showcased here where it was next to one of the casts of the proper Hero/Yuma. It may not be the same one used in the sail barge shot but it would most likely be from the same mold that it was taken from.

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=605296&d=1431177492

Should this be true, which I have a strong feeling it is, this would have made the last 3-4 pages on the matter a complete waste of time on everyone's part.:lol

Is this video still available? ANY links?

I presume you mean the "Discoveries" video? I think if you type the title (it's in the image) into the search bar of Youtube, or even Google, you'll find it.

You won't find the entire clip.. You'll only get the teasing.. The full clip isn't free, you have to buy the Digital collection...
I'm also looking for that clip since a long long time..
Anyone ..? :)

This is a beautiful saber!

I am currently converting my Hasbro Force FX to look like this. Can anyone help me with the dimensions of the D ring?

Thanks!

I am in the process of building a V2 and was wondering if anyone has the knurled cone height and diameter measurements?
Cone&cube2.PNG

Hi everyone,

A 3D artist from EA has released some images of the model for Luke's V2 lightsaber. Dunno how accurate it is or if it's the exact same model from the game, but I would assume so. Considering that EA were doing photogrammetry on the original props for the game, maybe this is pretty accurate? Anyway, thought I would post it here for V2 enthusiasts to look at and discuss.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/VaNoX

carl-palacios-swbf-carlpalacios-21.jpgcarl-palacios-swbf-carlpalacios-22.jpgcarl-palacios-swbf-carlpalacios-23.jpg

Mmhh, looks like a mix between the V2 and the shared stunt V3.

Card is also wrong and there's a second bar on the clamp...

Hi everyone,

A 3D artist from EA has released some images of the model for Luke's V2 lightsaber. Dunno how accurate it is or if it's the exact same model from the game, but I would assume so. Considering that EA were doing photogrammetry on the original props for the game, maybe this is pretty accurate? Anyway, thought I would post it here for V2 enthusiasts to look at and discuss.

View attachment 697887View attachment 697888View attachment 697889

Looks to me like a weathered Master Replicas V2 with an ESB card. Note the screw near the knurled cone

Dang the pictures won't open up on my phone... I have to wait until I get home :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is not master replicas scan. I own the master replicas saber and is different in some areas. Having in mind that master replicas is off in some parts, this one is not too accurate. It has a hole at the windvane, on the emmiter too, the area just in fornt of the clamp is stepped and dimensions of the step is off, the pommel rectangles are too long, the emmiter top circle line is off too, same for the circuit board acording to the latest pics, the lever is not accurate in shape and lenght and the clamp is off too. Line holes at both sides makes it off.

Hi everyone,

View attachment 697887View attachment 697888View attachment 697889

Im guessing they used the V3 as a base since that is the one still in the archives and they had access to the archives when making the game. I am going with hybrid/idealized. At least they did their research and realized that the V2 was the most used saber in the film, too bad they used the stunt ROTJ for the Vader saber.

Hi Geof,

The dimensions of Luke's ROTJ V2 are the same as on Luke's ANH ... I used 2,5 mm wire and these dimensions :

D-Ring01.jpg

Or you can purchase a loose D-ring from Roy who sells the same kind on wannawanga.com

Chaïm

This is a beautiful saber!

I am currently converting my Hasbro Force FX to look like this. Can anyone help me with the dimensions of the D ring?

Thanks!

Hi Geof,

Welcome aboard and share your V2 work in progress too ... show us how to convert a Hasbro Force FX into a masterpiece :)

Chaïm

Start warping those emitters! The rod tip is interesting too, has a little notch out of one side, and appears to have a very small hole in the center. And since the emitter still spins, I guess that gaffer tape is on there super loosely, you can still see its there though.

I put a warp in my emitter in one side, since thats all I could see in original reference, but there are clearly more. It was pretty hard to get the one too, so not sure how do give it that many curves.

It seems that was just a clip, so when the full episode comes out, we may see more of it.

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 1.25.16 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 1.25.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 1.25.41 PM.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back