Mad Max: Fury Road

Few more photos released.

tumblr_n9jwtywPs41qde7iyo4_1280_zps556e9464.png~original

tumblr_n9jwtywPs41qde7iyo2_1280_zps57bbb0a6.png~original

tumblr_n9jwtywPs41qde7iyo1_1280_zps36ea83dd.png~original

Interesting. Doesn't really affect my thoughts on the film, but it does sound like he's prepared to do a couple sequels if this one takes off.

I expect we'll end up having to treat this as a separate continuity, rather than trying to squeeze it all into a single continuity. I'm ok with that, or with the "Paul Bunyan" thing.

Even though it may be a separate continuity now it seems like the first movie still happened, he has the leg brace. I still wish they'd done one more with Mel, sort of either give him some closure by dying saving someone or by saving someone in a situation alot like how he lost his wife and kid.

Sad to report, but unless a massive re-edit happens, its a stinker. The movie starts off with what weve seen with Max and the Interceptor, then the crash and then he is prisoner for nearly an hour. He has maybe a dozen, maybe twenty, lines in the entire movie. The focus is Furiosa (Charlize Theron) for most of the film. As I was afraid of, too much CGI making it into a video game vs the practical look and feel of all MM movies prior.
Not sure if my memory was just that let down by what I had seen but this seems to take place prior to Thunderdome yet the continuity for RR doesnt exist. Again the movie is well away from its theatrical release but as it stands, I hope to hell the entire film is re-edited, CGI not just scaled back but down and entire characters removed. Its just NOT a MM movie. It things dont change, Thunderdome will no longer be on the bottom of the MM move order of favorites.

Sad to report, but unless a massive re-edit happens, its a stinker. The movie starts off with what weve seen with Max and the Interceptor, then the crash and then he is prisoner for nearly an hour. He has maybe a dozen, maybe twenty, lines in the entire movie. The focus is Furiosa (Charlize Theron) for most of the film. As I was afraid of, too much CGI making it into a video game vs the practical look and feel of all MM movies prior.
Not sure if my memory was just that let down by what I had seen but this seems to take place prior to Thunderdome yet the continuity for RR doesnt exist. Again the movie is well away from its theatrical release but as it stands, I hope to hell the entire film is re-edited, CGI not just scaled back but down and entire characters removed. Its just NOT a MM movie. It things dont change, Thunderdome will no longer be on the bottom of the MM move order of favorites.

Well that's a buzz kill. Better to know now than later.
You got to see workprint I assume?
I always heard Star Wars was awful at first so hoping for the best.

Well that's a buzz kill. Better to know now than later.
You got to see workprint I assume?
I always heard Star Wars was awful at first so hoping for the best.

GL screened the ANH work print to his film buddies including Coppola, they all "didn't get it" but GL didn't change the story editing, he just added the effects and Williams score that pulled it all together.

GL screened the ANH work print to his film buddies including Coppola, they all "didn't get it" but GL didn't change the story editing, he just added the effects and Williams score that pulled it all together.
The editing did change after that screening. That one had the Biggs scenes in it, for one thing.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back