Zombieland - Woody's jacket

It was custom made out of a synthetic material. (He doesn't wear any leather). the boots were custom synthetic too..same for the 'python'

If anyone's still interested, I've found information about everything Woody wore in the film except the jackets (which, as Jayn posted, were custom made along with the turquoise beaded hat bands) so I though I'd create a one-stop list of sources:

Hat - Already posted twice above, but just for the completists:
http://realdealbrazil.com/

Tee shirt - American Apparel, Acid Wash Jersey Deep V-Neck Short Sleeve Summer T (navy):
http://www.americanapparel.com/6456aw.html?cid=200

Jeans - Of The Earth (their website is currently being updated, so I could not post a direct link):
http://www.oftheearth.com/

Boots - Vegan Wares Cowboy Boots (brown/cream stitching):
http://www.veganwares.com/boots.htm

In various interviews Woody stated the necklaces were from his personal wardrobe.

Oh, and just in case anyone is interested in making their own vegan Twinkies:
http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2006/01/vegan-twinkies.html

Last edited:
Ooooh... I haven't seen the movie, but I'm digging that hat... and its in my price range!
Obviously I don't know your tastes when it comes to movies, but if you like zomedies (zombie comedy films--Shaun of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, etc.) you'll probably like this one and should see it on the big screen at least once.

I ordered one last week even though I'm not impressed with their logo being stamped/printed/painted onto the left side of the crown which, IMO, makes the hat look like a cheap piece of junk marketed towards the tourist trade. I understand having pride in your product and wanting to generate sales, but put the logo on the inside of the crown where it doesn't ruin the looks of the hat. I'm hoping it can be removed easily without damaging the material (the site says size XL won't ship until the 16th :().

BTW, if anyone has purchased and received one of these hats I'd be very interested in your opinions.

http://www.veganwares.com/boots.htm

..., so it's possible the jackets were as well (though they look pretty new in the film). The search continues...

Like I said before.. the jackets were custom made in the shop.. I watched them being put together, while I was aging the rest of the wardrobe.
I took the label off the hats with solvent and aged them with fabric paint and parrafin. The little turquoise beaded hat-bands were made by one of the tailors.

Obviously I don't know your tastes when it comes to movies, but if you like zomedies (zombie comedy films--Shaun of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead, etc.) you'll probably like this one and should see it on the big screen at least once.

I ordered one last week even though I'm not impressed with their logo being stamped/printed/painted onto the left side of the crown which, IMO, makes the hat look like a cheap piece of junk marketed towards the tourist trade. I understand having pride in your product and wanting to generate sales, but put the logo on the inside of the crown where it doesn't ruin the looks of the hat. I'm hoping it can be removed easily without damaging the material (the site says size XL won't ship until the 16th :().

BTW, if anyone has purchased and received one of these hats I'd be very interested in your opinions.

Yeah its been on the "ill wait till its on DVD list", but even the movies I wanted to see in the theater I never really saw this year.

Maybe a hat-band can cover up the logo enough. Then its your own custom hat... or take it off like mentioned above.

Like I said before.. the jackets were custom made in the shop. I watched them being put together, while I was aging the rest of the wardrobe.
D'oh! *smacks forehead* For some reason I glossed right over this the first time you mentioned it. My apologies.

Yeah its been on the "ill wait till its on DVD list", but even the movies I wanted to see in the theater I never really saw this year.

Maybe a hat-band can cover up the logo enough. Then its your own custom hat... or take it off like mentioned above.
The logo is quite large and placed pretty high on the crown of the hat, so I don't think a normal hat band would do.

080729-valdman2-lg.jpg

The photo is from their website. As you can see, a hatband would have to cover almost the entire crown of the hat; I'm thinking Jayn's solvent method is a better solution.

As for the dvd, I haven't found anything definitive but one website stated it's tentatively scheduled for release in February 2010.

Last edited:
For those that would like to make the jacket, since it was custom and all, any way you could tell us the type of synthetic fabric use and a resource for such fabric??

that hats are pretty nice, as are the bags you can get from the same site, but really...I want a vegan twinkie because they said that they actually taste good :lol

The hat I ordered did not come with the logo stamped on it, so maybe they aren't doing that anymore. Mine is a slightly different color, though, and has a seam from the original tarp running across the crown. It's not "screen accurate" but is still a very cool hat.

Mike

The hat I ordered did not come with the logo stamped on it, so maybe they aren't doing that anymore.
I hope this is the case. In the photos on their website showing "satisfied customers" wearing theirs the logo isn't always present, so maybe this was something they tried and decided to discontinue. I'm hoping mine won't have the logo but, if it does, I'll find some way to remove it.

Mine is a slightly different color, though, and has a seam from the original tarp running across the crown. It's not "screen accurate" but is still a very cool hat.
Well, the website does state, "Each hat and bag is truly one of a kind as no two are the same. Each has its own unique character. Made from various colors of tarp, they may have patches, seams, holes, or even Portuguese writing. They are hand sewn by Brazilian villagers and reflect the true craftsmanship of the locals. Please note that, due to how these hats are made and what they’re made from, no two can ever be alike, so we’re unable to honor requests for specific characteristics and colors." Considering the materials and methods used to manufacture these hats, I'd be very surprised if they were consistent in color, number of seams, number of "defects", etc.. I just hope mine doesn't smell like a Brazilian cargo truck. :lol

I also hope it fits. They say their large is approximately a size 7-3/8 and their extra large is approximately a size 7-5/8, and (just my luck) I wear size 7-1/2. :rolleyes

I finally received my hat today. It's a faded olive drab color with several lighter marks on it where the tarps were folded or wrinkled; it almost looks tie-dyed. Thankfully, it doesn't have the logo on the outside of the crown. It has a patch on the brim covering two very small holes, but I wonder if the patches are simply there for effect since they didn't patch a larger hole on the crown. :confused Regardless, it's a cool hat (especially for the price) and seems to be very well constructed. As expected, it fits a bit loose (I'm between sizes as I mentioned in my previous post) but not so loose that I'd consider exchanging it for a smaller size; a good gust of wind would probably yank it off my head, but otherwise it should stay put. It did initially have a very slight "diesel fuel" smell (you had to get really close to notice it), but that dissipated after leaving it out for a few hours.

Now all I gotta do is figure out how I want to shape the brim. :D

I own one and the logo is stamped on the inside of the hat, not the outside. The outside of the hat is just in the pictures on their website and is for advertising purposes - just in case someone takes a photo from the site and uses it elsewhere. I love my hat (owned well before the movie)... get a lot of compliments on it and it just keeps aging and looking better with time.

Real Deal Brazil has a Facebook page, and Facebook members can sign up to "become a fan" (which I did a couple of months ago). To celebrate reaching 500 fans (not including RDB employees) they put all 500 members names in a box (or something) yesterday and had a drawing to give away five free hats and I won one of 'em! :D

They say they're gonna give away 10 hats when they reach 1,000 fans, so if you're on Facebook...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back