You're One, Ugly Mother @#$!%&... First Pred WIP *Update Oct 4/10*

I'm really liking the overall design. I like that it's an out of the box design too, taking the pred in a new direction. Great Job!

Thank you all for your kind words and positive feedback.

"expertly done"
I am very much an amateur, so thank you very, very much for the compliment georgieboy26!

Here is a picture with the other quills in. He looked a bit funny with them only on one side. And another slight variation on the teeth for the inner mouth.
dsc00657qo.jpg.png

And here is a quick picture with the rest of the Dread holes dug out. I think there will be a total of 50 when all said and done.
dsc00655tg.jpg

I made a few short clay dreads of about the thickness I want them in the end and just set them in the holes to get an idea. I think I'm really happy with the location of the holes and where they will sit. B) Still need to decide on what I will cast them out of for sure though.

Otherwise I'm still just taking my time and experimenting.
I think I'm taking more time than I need to because I am dreading molding this sucker!!! I still have a long way to go before I'm at that point, but it's a daunting prospect!

Anyway, thanks again for all of your support! Keep the comments coming, they are really helping to push me along.

Last edited by a moderator:
badass mate real good job,iv never sculpted and im about to try so i hope my stuff is as good as this!keep up the good work

Thanks man. Give it a whirl, it's a lot of fun! I don't know very much, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thanks man. Give it a whirl, it's a lot of fun! I don't know very much, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

cheers mate will do,i think iv figured out a good easy system for working mandibles ill put it up here when its tried and tested
ill give ya a shout soon with a couple of quick sculpting questions if you dont mind.cheers

Alright, so....

September has been a b!&#% and can basically be considered a complete write off. Anyway, now that October has arrived and I have successfully pulled my head out of my ass, it's time to get back to sculpting!!!

I apologize, I have barely touched my sculpt in about a month. But this is where it stands right now, with all of the teeth/quills/bells and whistles removed.

picture05.jpg

picture04t.jpg

picture03.jpg

picture02u.jpg

picture01nr.jpg

picture06g.jpg

picture07.jpg

I've just been trying to do some refining and cleaning up. And the only major area that needs to be completed is under the chin/mandibles which you can't see here. And There is actually a fair bit of detail on the neck, but it didn't show in these pictures.
There is still a lot to do, but now that my latex and UltraCal are present and accounted for, I have no more excuses! I hope to have the sculpt knocked out completely in the next week or so. Wish me luck?!?

Thanks for looking .
C&C Welcome.

Seriously - this is an AWESOME sculpt. I think you have found your calling.

Let me ask you ... what are you using as a base?

Thank you very much for the kind words everyone.

Let me ask you ... what are you using as a base?

I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to;

I am using a rotating table that I built using some lazy susan hardware, a bar stool, and some plumbing fittings:
62004849.jpg

And as an armature, I used a hair styling mannequin with a potato salad bucket glued on the back, and some hangers for the mandibles :) :
dsc00563j.jpg

dsc00567m.jpg

Nothing fancy, just a little ingenuity. :)
I hope that answered your question.
I really need to do a lifecast or buy a proper full head armature for the next time around. I have a feeling this mask wont fit my big head very well. But I would be happy if it fit some of the smaller members here. I want to sculpt a female pred soon that will be a smaller fit and not look like a bobble head.

Thanks again.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back