Your number one WORST film ever.

This:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0988043/

Also a movie I think was simply titled Dragon. It was 1.00 at walmart. It was completely filmed in the woods behind someones house. I am sure of it. They saved all 500.00 they had for the fight scene at the end. If having a drunken crappy scifi movie party , pick this movie up in the checkout lines in the little dollar movie boxes at your local Walmart. Its in with those old black and white movies that usually are in there.

Its like an hour and a half Bud K catalog commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoXuOxjJOWE

Joe vs the Volcano.

I *still* give the girl I was dating at the time crap for picking it out.

I've literally blacked out all memory of it, so i can't even recall what specifically sucked. I just know it sucked and someone still owes me 2 hours.

-John

Jumper has to one of the worst movies ever made and I do like Hayden and SLJ but this was totally unwatchable. Oh and Watchmen...simply horrid even with a few shots of a blue penis :p

Wow I'm really surprised by some of these picks for "worst" movie. Some of the movies I really like, Mad max for example. But my number one worst film of all time, one of only two films I've ever walked out of, is "The Designated Mourner" oh god.:sick

I've read everyone's choices, and there's some stinkers. None of them have a chick with a gun-for-a-leg though. She didn't even pull the trigger. It just... shot.

I've read everyone's choices, and there's some stinkers. None of them have a chick with a gun-for-a-leg though. She didn't even pull the trigger. It just... shot.

Well ain't that like saying the milkshake's terrible because the cherry on top is bad? lol Yeah that irritated the fire out of me too, but i still managed to enjoy Planet Terror for what it was. I'm suprised people arent up in arms over Black Dynamite for the same reasons as that could have been Grindhouse Part 3 for all I know given its style and substance.

Good point. Plus, it fails on the "so bad it's good" scale. Personally, I don't find any redeeming value of Transformers 1 (and wasn't dumb enough to see #2), but I can see where SOME people would say "Well, it's just big robots fighting. That's all I cared about" and be satisfied by that. But yeah, Pearl Harbor was pretty godawful and really took a crap approach to what could've been a serious subject matter.

The only true, high-caliber work that went into that film was the visual effects turned in by ILM, and the sound editing by (I believe) Skywalker sound.

But even still, how the effects were edited and cut into the story was haphazard and at times nonsensical.

And in line with the "Who's behind the film" element, the writer was Randall Wallace, of Brave Heart fame. You'd think with him, we'd have a better script.

I'd say the same is true of The Patriot with Mel Gibson. I can enjoy it for some of the action sequences, but it's so hamstrung by Emmerich's penchant for beat-you-over-the-head messaging and cheese that I just have a REALLY hard time watching it and it makes me angry. Again, a subject matter that COULD be treated seriously, but that just crap on it by turning it into a hammy schlock-fest.

Try the Director's Cut if you haven't yet.

Every time I watch The Patriot, its one of those films I always hope will be better than I remember it being, but am disappointed.

But the Director's Cut does effectively reduce the cheese ever-so-slightly, and adds a small degree of intentsity, or grit. Combined - while it doesn't completely trn the film around - it DOES improve the film.

The Patriot does have its redeeming values. The hatchet scene is unbeatable. Jason Isaaks is pure gold.

But man - could they not have left that stupid ink-in-the-mouth motif on the cutting room floor? I'm fairly convinced this is what got Ledger his turn as The Joker! :lol

The difference is people are posting one-off movies. You're posting an entire series of films that one person did. So I was just curious why you would keep coming back to Kevin Smith if you didn't like him the first time.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I just don't see the logic behind it. If it's one movie, you might give the person a chance, but you're leading on to believe that you've seen all his movies (or even close to it).

Okay - i saw clerks at the writer's guild and fell asleep. Jay and Silent Bob was being viewed at a party for I was at and I watched it with two other people who thought it was just as bad. Dogma was shown at Disney when they were looking for a Director for some movie and i was one of the lucky people who had to sit through everything and... Clerks 2 was given to me as a joke by a friend who knows how much I hate Smith and guess what - it sucked.

Wing Commander. I have always wanted to show this one with friends just so we could have fun tearing it apart heckling the whole film.

More proof though...

Wing Commander was panned by critics: its 9% 'rotten' rating on Rotten Tomatoes is amongst the lowest ever recorded on that site.[9] It is also considered a major box office flop: the total domestic gross of Wing Commander's theatrical run is estimated at $11,578,059, not nearly enough to recoup its $30 million budget.[10] Chris Roberts never directed another motion picture. He did, however, serve as a producer on The Punisher, The Jacket and Lord of War.
In 2009, Time listed the film on their list of top ten worst video games movies.

I have a few, but the most recent was Lars von Trier's antichrist, a steaming turd of a movie, what the hell was Willem Dafoe thinking? utter twaddle

I've seen it pop up already..but SST 2 was the worst!

The only movie I ever walked out of was The Spirit. The movie had not even started yet, and I got a phone call from a friend that had seen it already and when he started telling me about it, I got up and left...went and saw Valkyrie and LOVED it.

Derek

PATRIOT !!!!! mel gibson sucks!!!

You've obviously never seen Troll 2, or Troll, or Battle beyond the Stars(the only good thing about that film is the score by James horner, and the models by Cameron) Or better yet Wizards of the Lost Kingdom which reuses the bbts music, and scenes from Death Stalker.

for me the worst was the remake of Dune

I vote for Troll and Troll 2 as well, that's the one with the green butter on the toast, and the only way to convince people not to eat it is golden showers?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back