Your Indiana Jones Displays - Lets see 'em

This one is mine. It was an unpainted sculpt I added the patina and weathering. I don't know how accurate this is considered. Not sure if the size is correct though. Possibly looking to get a better one. The archive book says 11x11x15 cm. Not sure how that works though. Guessing the 15 is the circumference of the cup 11 at the base. Unsure for sure :lol:
Mine is
5 3/4- tall
4 1/2- end to end of the cup (laying the ruler flat across the top side to side)
base 2 3/8- end to end.

View attachment 1607101View attachment 1607102
15 cm or 5.9 inches is the height. 11 cm or 4.33 inches is the length and width, which would just be exact same thing as the diameter of the cup. That's pretty close to your measurements.

I revamped my entire Indiana Jones display. I LIKE this much better.
I swapped white for brown shelves , used some backer paper and plants. The battery-operated T candles added a nice touch. I still need to do something with the right-side corner of my desk. Looks weird so maybe that can also be used for displaying books and typical desk items.
Enjoy pic heavy
20220813_173506.jpg
20220813_173521.jpg
20220813_173528.jpg
20220813_173533.jpg
20220813_173540.jpg
20220813_173548.jpg
20220813_173557.jpg
20220813_173607.jpg
20220813_173621.jpg
20220813_173632.jpg
20220813_173648.jpg
20220813_173835.jpg
20220813_173909.jpg

Attachments

• 20220813_173559.jpg
    20220813_173559.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
kevin926 - the different color shelves and the backer paper make a striking difference! Nice display!
Thank you. It was empty looking with the plain white and bare background to me for some reason, - never really happy with it. Star Wars is actually most of my collection however I found myself focusing on trying to get this Indy collection looking good. Now I can finish focusing on cleaning up my Star Wars display

This is something that came up in my thread on movie lighters, but seeing it's Indiana Jones related, I thought I'd mention it here so more people can consider the information. It was pointed out by someone in that thread that the historically correct lighter that Marion would have had to have had in 1936 was the IMCO Pre-Patent 4700 lighter. It's the 4700 that got a patent in 1937, but it was available for sale in Austria in 1936 before the patent was awarded. I think the lighter the vast majority of people I've seen on here have been collecting has been the IMCO Super 6700 lighter, which is an update to the 4700, but that lighter wasn't actually available until 1956. There's a release button in the middle of the handle on the 4700 that makes it easy to identify compared to the 6700.

However, historical accuracy does not mean that it wasn't the 6700 model featured in the movie as they were still being made in 1981 and since only the top of the lighter can be seen, it's really not possible to tell from the film. So the question is whether there's any available information that points to the 6700 being used rather than the 4700 other than easier availability? I thought I'd inquire among the Indy fans as perhaps there's more information I've overlooked?

Personally, I've got 3 IMCO 6700 lighters with two different end caps, but I thought it'd be nice to own a 4700 just to have a more historically accurate lighter available to display. The question then comes down to how to tell when a given 4700 model was made. I've seen 4 end caps now, but even a German lighter club web site could not say definitively how to tell the year or even newer from older, although there were some theories based on the tanks and teeth on the spark wheel. However, based on all available models I've found for sale the pattern I've seen pretty consistently for the end caps on the IMCO 4700 are:

1> "Patent Austria" appears on lighters claiming to be from the mid 1940s and 1950s.
2> "Patent - Made In The French Zone Austria" (or something close to that) appears just after WWII (1945-1946?)
3> "Patent Germany" appears on lighters from 1939-1944 due to German occupation of Austria.
4> "Patent - Made In Austria" appears on lighters claiming to be from 1937 or 1938
5> No Patent mark appears on a model I've seen for sale (It only says "IMCO Triplex" on it. I'm guessing this may be a pre-patent 1936 model.

That may be making assumptions, but seeing as it's the best I had to go on while picking out one to purchase, I ended up ordering this IMCO 4700 lighter from someone, which I believe to be the most likely of the bunch to be from 1936 (based on #4 above). I'm waiting on delivery, but these were the photos provided:

Imco 4700 No Patent 01.jpg Imco 4700 No Patent 02.jpg Imco 4700 No Patent 03.jpg Imco 4700 No Patent 04.jpg Imco 4700 No Patent 05.jpg

Last edited:
So the question is whether there's any available information that points to the 6700 being used rather than the 4700 other than easier availability?

There are a ton of anachronistic props in the Indy movies, so we know the prop people weren't overly concerned about it. Therefore, Occam's razor makes the 6700 the likely choice, in the absence of other information. But you can totally go with the 4700 for historical accuracy.

I have Relic Raiders 1937 model Clover zippo, rather than the modern version for similar reasons, even though it's clear the modern Zippo was used in the movie.

I got my 1936 IMCO 4700 historically accurate "Marion's Lighter" for RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK in today with the 1936 patent-free cap. After a bit of light cleaning as well as changing out the ancient cotton packing and installing a new wick (completely missing) and and a new flint, here's the result (thumbnails; click for slideshow):

IMCO 4700 Triplex Back Side Tank.jpg IMCO 4700 Triplex Cap.jpg IMCO 4700 Triplex Standing Open.jpg IMCO 4700 Triplex Lit.jpg

Last edited:
I see Landron Artifacts appears to be up and running at a faster pace again (used to be a multi-month wait to get a Staff of Ra medallion holder), but he had a few ready to sell on Etsy when I last looked. It appears to be a new more orange color scheme and no choices like there used to be on his website. I've got two gold and one silver stands.

Why not? I just ordered a new medallion stand so all three Relic Maker medallions can have their own backing color (assuming that's not just a photo glitch, but I don't think so as multiple photos show that color). I've got ten other medallions. I'm sure one could use a nice leftover gold stand.

Last edited:
I see Landron Artifacts appears to be up and running at a faster pace again (used to be a multi-month wait to get a Staff of Ra medallion holder), but he had a few ready to sell on Etsy when I last looked. It appears to be a new more orange color scheme and no choices like there used to be on his website. I've got two gold and one silver stands.

Why not? I just ordered a new medallion stand so all three Relic Maker medallions can have their own backing color (assuming that's not just a photo glitch, but I don't think so as multiple photos show that color). I've ten other medallions. I'm sure one could use a nice leftover gold stand.
Now you can see,-- the magic-- of the potato :lol: :lol:
potato.jpg

Last edited:
Now you can see,-- the magic-- of the potato :lol: :lol: View attachment 1611963
I've actually got a Landron Magic Potato. It came with a bunch-o-stuff I bought in a package off eBay a few years back. The same package had an e-candle based Magic Potato System with three Taters in it that I use on my shelf display (just changed the batteries again a few days ago).

The Landron one looks the most accurate to that photo prop you showed above from the daylight scenes, but it's completely opaque (so was that prop). Finding a lit one that also looks good unlit is harder.

There were supposed to be 5 Magic Taters total in the movie stated mythos so I have two hidden in my home theater room (including the Landron one) other than the three that light up on the shelf. One is another maker that can also light up, but it's much more opaque. I'd probably prefer a 2nd Landron one to use in the room.

OK, this one isn't terribly not well hidden.....;)

20220827_212814.jpg

I had a chuckle at how many people, myself included, never realized that only the villagers rock has stripes in the movie. Hence why the new Disney stone doesn't have stripes.

I hate to ruin your chuckle, but I'm afraid they do have stripes (on the back away from front view when lit in skull holder). You can see the white stripes when Indy puts one in his pouch. It gets darker and he turns it as he puts it in his pouch and they're plainly visible.

Here's proof taken straight from the Blu-Ray:

Indy Temple Of Doom Stone Stripes.jpg

Yay. Mine are correct, after all. Well, I think there should be a bit more of a groove where the stripes are, however.

Inday Atlantis Necklace Shelf 01s.jpg

Maybe I should turn them (or at least one or two) around so they look more like the lit scene in the movie?

BookShelf Tripod 01s.jpg

Last edited:
I hate to ruin your chuckle, but I'm afraid they do have stripes (on the back away from front view when lit in skull holder). You can see the white stripes when Indy puts one in his pouch. It gets darker and he turns it as he puts it in his pouch and they're plainly visible.

Here's proof taken straight from the Blu-Ray:

indy-temple-of-doom-stone-stripes-jpg.jpg

One on the alter has stripes, because it's the village rock, what about the other two?

One on the alter has stripes, because it's the village rock, what about the other two?

There's no definitive scene that shows stripes on all three rocks at the same time, but there is a sequence that implies they're on at least two of them as the priest is holding the stone forward with stripes on it facing the camera and he puts it in the center nose slot. Indy takes the stone from the right eye socket (left facing it) and that's the one he put in the bag in the snapshot above that shows the stripe when he turns it. But we saw the priest put the stone with the stripes in the nose slot, not the eye slot so that implies both of them have stripes. But when the three guys turn, I don't see the stripes on the other two, but we only see about 1/2 the stone even as they turn so that doesn't necessarily mean they don't have stripes. If you look closely at the 5th picture with the stones lit in the skull as Indy is about to select the right eye socket one, it looks like there's a stripe on the left eye socket one towards the bottom (not fully illuminated to cover it up) as well again in the 6th snapshot if you look carefully at that same one and a bit on the nose stone as well, if I'm not mistaken (even as Indy is taking the right eye socket one) and the 3rd picture shows the striped middle one that goes to the nose light up so certainly that one has stripes on the illuminated model. Personally, I think that implies all three have stripes.

Indy Stone Sequence 01.jpg Indy Stone Sequence 00.jpg Indy Stone Sequence 02.jpg Indy Stone Sequence 03.jpg Indy Stone Sequence 04.jpg Indy Stone Sequence 05.jpg Indy Stone Sequence 06.jpg

Adjusted Contrast/Brightness with arrows pointing at the lines for 5th/6th photo snaps. Note how they appear to be showing through from the back side (you can see they're stronger on the back side from the side view 6th snapshot and appear to be looking through the left eye socket to just see one of them from the 5th snapshot photo).

Indy Stone Sequence Lines.jpg Indy Stone Sequence Lines2.jpg

Also, Indy just appears to select a stone at random to take the first time. There's no indication he knows which one is the village's stone. Later, he takes all three and when he says the priest guy betrayed Shiva, they catch on fire and start falling out of his satchel randomly. Indy is able to grab the last one and we see it has stripes when it stops glowing. The other two are shown going dark as they fall, but you can't see the entire stone to see if they have stripes or not too well and it's a bit of a special effect weird look there, IMO, although I think I see a hint of a line on the right stone falling. But it's not like Indy decided to keep the village's stone. They just started falling out. He gave them the one that he caught and didn't drop in the river. They seemed happy with that, however.

Indy Stone Sequence 07.jpg Indy Stone Sequence 08.jpg

So, I guess you could argue there might be a continuity error and only one stone has stripes, but they put it in the wrong slot in the earlier scene when he goes to retrieve it compared to earlier footage and what appears to be a stripe on the left eye socket is just a mark or groove in the prop or we can assume that's correct and at least two if not all three have stripes. We do not know who put the stripes there anyway. Was it the priests or the villagers or were they mystically already on them? Without more information, who knows. I'm happy to leave the stripes on all three of mine. I could always turn two to face the other way on the display, I suppose.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back