Young Frankenstein - Missing Scene?

Zombie_61

Master Member
I saw Young Frankenstein for the first time on it's opening weekend in December of 1974. At the beginning of the "Puttin' On The Ritz" sequence there was a brief scene featuring Igor (Marty Feldman) and Victor Frankenstein (Gene Wilder) backstage at the theater. Both were dressed in tuxedos for the event, but Igor's hump was absent (a contination of the running gag about Igor's hump changing location). Victor takes notice of this, and asks Igor something to the effect of, "Where's your hump?", to which Igor indignantly replies, "Never with tails."

This was the only time I've seen this scene in the film. I haven't seen it in any subsequent viewings, and nobody I've spoken to about the film remembers this scene. The closest I've come to confirmation is a good friend who remembers reading it in the film's novelization. However, if you look closely at Igor during the "Puttin' On The Ritz" sequence, you'll notice he doesn't have a hump.

Does anyone else remember seeing this scene?

George Lucas isn't the only one who likes to edit a film after it has been released. The scene exists on the blu-ray movie. I think I read somewhere that Mel Brooks' commentary mentions something about the changes after release.

I saw it on April 19th, 1975, but was too young to remember whether or not that scene was still in the film. Interesting, I'll have to check out the blu-ray. Absolutely *love* Young Frankenstein.

Btw, Zombie, Gene Wilder played Frederick Frankenstein, or Froederick according to Igor...lol. Victor was the grandfather.

The Wook

George Lucas isn't the only one who likes to edit a film after it has been released. The scene exists on the blu-ray movie. I think I read somewhere that Mel Brooks' commentary mentions something about the changes after release.
No kidding? Great! I'll have to look into that...if I ever get a Blu-Ray player, that is; I know it's not included in the deleted scenes on the dvd version. Thanks!

Btw, Zombie, Gene Wilder played Frederick Frankenstein, or Froederick according to Igor...lol. Victor was the grandfather.
As many times as I've seen the movie, you'd think I'd know better than to make that mistake. I hate those momentary mental vacations...

Thank you all very much for the replies! I was beginning to think I had imagined it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back