You can take my Nuka Quantum from my cold dead hand

erikv

20121212_221455.jpg
20121212_221516.jpg

You can take my Nuka Quantum from my cold dead hands!
Lift at your peril!

My son asked for props this xmas, he loves Fallout and I thought he would like this take on the Nuka Quantum (he wont see this post).
Still got the Pipboy 3000 and a couple of other things to complete (panic stations)

Looks good, what's the base made of? Looks like you had better luck with the label than most of us. I had one of the Bethesda made in china pipboys and should get one of the resin ones. Are you using a resin kit or doing it by feel? I'm looking into doing it with plumbing parts.

The landmine is MDF and the skeleton hand is oven bake clay. There are LED lights in the base which are remote control and can make the Quantum glow with a fade cycle.

I got the label from another post on here, I just printed a couple of trial labels until I got the size right. I don't know if the bottle size has a lot to do with it. The coke bottle I've used is not the standard UK glass bottle, it's about twice the size of a standard. I had to search evilbay for one.
I have Skruffy's Pipboy kit which I'm putting an Iphone 3g in for the screen.

20121211_231022_zpsac9d8116.jpg

Rapidly running out of time before Xmas though.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back