YODA show off thread

DB73

Well theres been so many great yodas show up lately and im sure lots more folk will have them so i thought we could have a dedicated show off thread like the vader ones and so on.

Nice to get them all in one place, i did a search and couldnt see an old one so hopefully we can build a new one up.

my yodas not ready for show off yet but heres a small test video with my Cyberman puppet head

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_AtUzlH3v4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JTfxX9iqEo

Last edited:
Here ya go - Howard Studios Yoda:

Yoda04.jpg

Yoda01.jpg

Yoda02.jpg

My ESB Yoda, still in progress....

Here are a couple pix of my ESB Yoda. I still have weathering to do as well as a belt and pouch. Right now he's just sporting a cloth stand-in.

Dave :)

img4327wk4.jpg

img4333gb4.jpg

img4342le9.jpg

img4334cs8.jpg

i second that, outstanding case colin.. id even settle for that base as its a bit like what i have planned for my vader but ill add red perspex and light it.

some top work so far guys

anyone got a decent pattern or at least sizes for yodas costume, ive made one off the cuff but its no good

ob1al: Thanks for the comment. The display was built by Jason Ehl, my partner in crime on this project. It houses the control board and sound system that operates our little friend. I'll see if he has any pics of the full base.

Hi Colin,

Could you relay any info you can give on how he built that brilliant display case and the materials used? On a practicial level, it would help to protect latex works and keep the dust down.

Cheers

Cyb.

ob1al: Thanks for the comment. The display was built by Jason Ehl, my partner in crime on this project. It houses the control board and sound system that operates our little friend. I'll see if he has any pics of the full base.

Here's pics of mine now with a body. It's made like a puppet so it's totally posable. His limbs are kind of like kermit's. I wanted him to have as much of the look and versitility of the screen puppet but had to sacrifice a bit of functionality that the original had (no facial animation).
Still tweaking.
You can see the finished outer robe but it hasn't been weathered at all. That should be fun to do if I could only find the time.
Also, see the JY thread about anyone interested in getting one of these robes.

ybody1.JPG

ybody2.JPG

ybody3.JPG

ybody4.JPG

Great work guys, I'm hoping to start on a Yoda soon myself, Gino you can put me down for one of those super accurate robes :thumbsup , I'ld post my request in the JY, but I sut broke 20 post and I have yet to notify the Mods. C

Hopefully someday I could have one of those awesome OT Yoda's, but for now here's the final look of my Episode II/III Yoda.
YODAFINAL3.jpg

YODAFINAL1.jpg

Ely

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back