Yet another Yoda VD Lightsaber

bwize

Sr Member
Hello, I finally got my Yoda VD lightsaber build completed using the Bolsey flash as opposed to the original Praco, which is rather hard to find these days, especially at a decent price.

The Lambo emitter, oilpan detail on the middle collarband and grips are all 3D printed from Shapeways. I think I got the correct PEM nut and slotted screw on the shroud. The pommel is from Dark Energy Creations.

Looking at the original on the parts of starwars site it looks like the bolsey details are mirrored as compared to the Praco. This is probably old news, but I am just noticing this for the first time.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0377.jpg
    IMG_0377.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    979.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    732.1 KB · Views: 180
Thank you. I was so much fun to build, especially with the 3D printed parts and Dark Energy Creations pommel which really capped it off.

That looks really good! The original maker is a member here

I loved this project, I'm glad you did too... the parts just look great together despite being completely unrelated. I also love that the yoda "emitter"bracket was hidden inside the black top just waiting to be used

Nice job! Always good to see another Yoda VD saber. Fits so well with the universe even though it was never seen on screen in this form. Heres mine, Bolsey with sjanish's conversion parts and a vintage end cap.
image2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpeg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back