Yes Another Mr I Suit/ Finally Finished!-Pics At Bottom

ofak

Well my first attempt at making a suit has gone well so far, the first thing i needed to do was make a duct tape dummy. For those who have done this before i commend you ! What a pain in the ass! Wrapping the suran wrap and the duck tape around me was fun, for the first 20 minutes or so, my wife was laughing the whole time. I lost all my happy feelings as i started to get extremely hot and dizzy from lack of oxygen. To top it all off we got down to the last arm and leg and ran out of duct tape!!!!!It was the longest 15 minutes of my life as my wife ran to the store. One roll of suran wrap and 6 rolls of duct tape later it was finally done. I ended up stuffing it later with poly-fill that is used for pillows, it gave it a very uniform shape.
predator mask 394.jpg

predator mask 389.jpg

My wife didnt know that the next day i was done stuffing it, so i left a do not disturb sign on our bedroom door for when she gets off work, and this is what she saw---->
predator mask 390.jpg

Thank you Maguyver for the great idea and help!! Updates soon...

Addition tips: I am new at using latex, here are some of the things i learned on the way.

I knew that weather has a big effect on the latex, but wow!!! the slightest degree change effects it curing. I started off in the yard, temperature was about 66 degrees, the latex was not drying that fast so i moved it into the house where it was about 70 degrees and it dried quickly. If you do it in the house make sure your in a well ventilated area, the latex is strong potent stuff! between the fumes and the beer i had a nice buzz lol.

On the duct tape dummy, i recommended about three people taping you up, it will speed up the process so you will not be in that miserable cocoon as long!!!

predator mask 391.jpg

predator mask 392.jpg

predator mask 393.jpg

predator mask 399.jpg

predator mask 394.jpg

predator mask 395.jpg

predator mask 396.jpg

predator mask 397.jpg

predator mask 398.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I am about to make a duct tape dummy too. Is it really that bad? I have to research it more. So you put on the suran wrap first then tape round it so the inside isn't sticky from the tape and you can stuff it?

Gah...

Wow. I am about to make a duct tape dummy too. Is it really that bad? I have to research it more. So you put on the suran wrap first then tape round it so the inside isn't sticky from the tape and you can stuff it?

Gah...
Ok bud so heres what you do:

Take a roll of suran wrap, and have someone else (preferably a girl friend or wife) because of your crotch area lol ....and wrap your whole body with it as tight as you can without cutting off your circulation with the suran wrap. Then take strips of duct tape (not the whole roll and wrap it) and you lay it on the suran wrap with the pieces of tape (maybe a foot in length) going in different directions (kinda like paper mache) that way the tape kinda interlocks you know? Like hodge podge or whatever. Once the whole body is covered with both suran wrap and tape, have the person that is doing it to you to take a sharpie pen and draw lines down your arms and legs horizontally because the next step is to cut it vertically. You need to cut it at least as possible , but enough to where you can slip out of it. Think of it as a half shell back and front.

Once you slip your body out of it lay it down flat,remember those lines you drew? Well those are for reference, line the lines back up together then re-tape where you cut.

Now when you go to stuff it, the only hole you should have is the neck, no worries, start from the legs first with the stuffng and work your way up. Make a cut in like the knee area and begin stuffing, once the stuffing comes close to the hole just retape the hole and make another one higher up.

Now as far as stuffing , many people use different things, packing peanuts, paper, old clothes etc.

But since my dummy turn out really good for the first time i used poly-fill that is used for stuffing like pillows and stuff. It took me 3 50 oz bags of the stuff, but it was easy to work with and it turned out very uniform.

I hope this helps bud! Any more question feel free to ask.

I'm glad I read this thread! I have 4 rolls of Duct Tape set aside for this. Definitely gonna need to get more. I don't want the 15 min hell wait for more tape.

How much latex did you end up going through for your suit? I'm going to Macguyver up some pred gloves and I'm wondering if there will be enough left over from the Gallon I ordered.

Looks great so far man!

I'm glad I read this thread! I have 4 rolls of Duct Tape set aside for this. Definitely gonna need to get more. I don't want the 15 min hell wait for more tape.

How much latex did you end up going through for your suit? I'm going to Macguyver up some pred gloves and I'm wondering if there will be enough left over from the Gallon I ordered.

Looks great so far man!
I actually have a little left over, I think that you could possibly have enough left for some pred hands. In most of the notes i read, they were all spot on, yes! the first layer does soak up alot of the latex, but the next layers go on much easier. Yeah i would get more duct tape, hell if you have some left over take it back and get your money back, or hell, you never have enough duct tape :)

Thats pretty cool, am about to start a duct tape dummy myself. So this thread is a great help. How long and wide was you duct tape rolls? I have found ones in my local store which is 50m X 5 cm, so just wondering how many I would need.

The other thing was, how thick did you make the layers on the dummy?

The suit is starting to look nice, good work

Thats pretty cool, am about to start a duct tape dummy myself. So this thread is a great help. How long and wide was you duct tape rolls? I have found ones in my local store which is 50m X 5 cm, so just wondering how many I would need.

The other thing was, how thick did you make the layers on the dummy?

The suit is starting to look nice, good work
Hey bud, i used 1.88in x 20 Yd . 48mm x 18,28 m duck tape (white) not duct tape, this stuff was real tacky and strong, but regular duct tape will work too. I would get about six rolls man, you don't want to run out during the process!!!!

It was only one layer, but two layers in spots, try to get really good duct tape that is tacky, not the cheap sh@t!!

You can also keep the rolls of tape by a heat duct in your house, they will get warmer and become more tacky (but don't over heat them) You will see in time where you will need more tape in certain spots.

I hope this helps.

I just hit a major snag in the Mr. I suit

First let me start off by saying after you latex it, the latex will seep through the other side making the process of peeling the suit off the dummy not very fun. And i should have listen to the notes, i didn't mix my latex with some paint to hide the red more, after three layers the red was easily showing through. The latex dries almost clear, i figured i would be painting it so that would hide the red eventually. I am kicking myself now because my dumb ass sprayed the whole suit with regular tan spray paint, when i went to peel the suit off the dummy, all the paint started to chip and peel. I just spent 10 minutes vacuuming the chips off my floor. Well... live and let learn i guess, this is all new to me too. I don't have a air brush, what kind of paint should i be using? Do i need to completely strip the old chipped paint off because it is the base for the right paint? Oh god please help me save my project!! lol

Well i got my answer to my paint problem, im so mad at myself, thanks for the people that helped me on chat!

These are great, and so simple, so much so in fact that i think the company who manufacture these owe the Lair a donation!!

I actually have a little left over, I think that you could possibly have enough left for some pred hands. In most of the notes i read, they were all spot on, yes! the first layer does soak up alot of the latex, but the next layers go on much easier. Yeah i would get more duct tape, hell if you have some left over take it back and get your money back, or hell, you never have enough duct tape :)

Thanks for the tips bro! Your right, you can never have enough duct tape.

These are great, and so simple, so much so in fact that i think the company who manufacture these owe the Lair a donation!!
Yep, i actually was on live chat with the guy where i bought the Mr i suit to make sure i was getting the right thing. I got screwed the last time i ordered one of these (from a different site), i sent him the link from Maguyvers thread and he was like wow!!! thats awesome!! I was giving props to the lair and so was he. He shared the link with all of his co-workers and the company. Link below

http://www.buysuperherocostumes.com/mr_incredible.html

I made a stand and am starting paint up, unfortunately i do not have an air brush so i have to sponge it on. I will be the first to admit i cant paint for sh@t! so i did a little, but wife wife has taken the reins now. This is what i got so far.

predator mask 407.jpg

predator mask 408.jpg

predator mask 413.jpg

Well done other than a few coats of permawet, i dont own an airbrush, so everything is sponged on layer by layer.

predator mask 423.jpg

predator mask 417.jpg

predator mask 418.jpg

predator mask 419.jpg

predator mask 420.jpg

predator mask 421.jpg

predator mask 422.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back