Yellowjacket (Ant-Man 2015) Progress.

I don’t need a crystal ball to see what’s in my future. How does the sanding song go again?
e55b3c1926666dae8b869233a19e24b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man this looks AWESOME!!, i would like to know if you are open to sell the file for the helmet? i´d LOVE to build one for my helmets shelf too! i´m gonna keep looking at your progress since i LOVE all the detailed descriptions!

The only wiring I’ve managed to do is for the tips. Top is the skeleton that will be inserted into the mold before being cast in expanding foam (in theory). Bottom are the “wings” that I’ve been painting for the last several hours. Have I mentioned how much I hate enamel paints?
9fc2005cc37de55bcf313088ba1b6ca6.jpg

Small miracles. The white insert for the neopixels matches up perfectly with the mold. Now to take the big step and actually cast it in expanding foam. Going to try the back pressure technique to improve surface quality.
adde212d0c903edf226caacb4c0f41b9.jpg

I've been working on the arms still. Yes I'm pushing 3.5 years on this crazy project. Part of it was just getting tired and discouraged but I just keep plugging along :)

Here are the arms from the side with the wings attached. There is a combination of 17 linear actuators / servos in this monstrosity.

To fully light the hexagon on the back of the backpack I 3D printed a disc to hold six T1 LEDs at an angle.
IMG_6163.jpg

Next I painted the inside white to help reflect the light around the cavity
IMG_6164.jpg

This avoided most of the point light issues with LEDs shining through the clear epoxy "lens".
IMG_6165.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back