Yellow Submarine Wallpaper

snouty

NO it's not what you think. For the amount of times I've seen The Beatles Yellow Submarine, you'd think I'd notice that the interior of the sub has wallpaper on it. The design is lovely, very in keeping with the style of the film and also with 60s Britain (I know cos I was alive then). Lookit ->

yellow submarine wallpaper pattern 02.jpgyellow submarine wallpaper pattern 03.jpgyellow submarine wallpaper pattern.jpg

My longer term plan is to redo the design in Inkscape and then upload it to Spoonflower (update: or someone cheaper) so you can get it as actual wallpaper! I will do it in a few different colourways and call it something oblique like Amphibious Canary. :D The fact that nobody has done this before (happy to be disabused of this) means nobody cares about this but me.

Wish me luck.

Last edited:
Bit of background. Been a longish while since I thought about this project. A close friend and I were big fans of this film and just after I came up with this idea my friend, who was gravely ill, died quite suddenly. I lost interest after that, but many years have passed and today someone asked me if I'd ever finished this. I figured enough water has passed under the bridge and I'll do it.

I've done a lot of memorial projects for my old chum, and I guess this is just another joyous one of them. :D

Phil

Yellow Submarine Wallpaper in progress but getting very close. The problems are:

a) my Inkscape skills are a little rusty, my lines a little free range, but I'll need to go in and smooth stuff out.
b) it wraps with the two flowers tiled like bricks so I will have to make a seamless texture.

Otherwise I'm kinda happy about it. Colour might need work, but I think it was supposed to be fade yellow anyway.

1710846381760.png

And I think we're done. The finished pattern has much smaller flowers than the original, but it makes for a much more subtle wallpaper.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Yellow Submarine Wallpaper design.png
    Yellow Submarine Wallpaper design.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 15
Spoonflower* is a great place to get custom wallpaper and fabric, btw. I already have it on there but I'm not selling it here, I would not do that to my RPF chums. Thanks for encouraging me to finish it. It's a load off. :D

Phil

*there are cheaper places!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back