Y-WING 'Gold Leader' Studio Scale Build by dtssyst

One side printed. I need to print 4 more.
Printed on an original Anycubic. I upgraded it to a duel rail. Works beautifully.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick up the files for those? Are they your own design? I could use those for my Falcon build.
Thanks,
John

The front eight 3D printed engine parts are installed.
Hopeful to get more done this week as I have a few extra days to work on it.

Attachments

• 20230120_134140.jpg
    20230120_134140.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
It's stupid how gorgeous all these exposed guts look, but they really do have an almost sublime aesthetic about them. I keep wanting to build one in all originals and never paint it just so I can admire its raw beauty.

Last edited:
I would love to see one built with all original parts and not painted. It would be a piece of art.
Well, there's your next project:p:cool::cool: As for the "exposed parts"; like the MF in "Solo" (without the wear & tear + exposed parts), I wondered how a YWing would look like without all of the details/pipes, etc:unsure:

I would say they are a few mm to long. However, I made them the same as my first build so each build would match each other.
K&S 5130, 5129, 9834 brass tube. Sorry, I don't recall the other two tubes used or the K&S #.
AtlMyVw.jpg

Last edited:
Head is attached. Cockpit tub and canopy are just set in place.
DANG!!!

If were a rich man, I'd hire Dtssyst to build all my Y-Wings. That is one CRISP-looking ship! A lot of Y-Wings look pretty muddy and thrown-together at this stage, like someone dipped the armature in CA and then sprinkled greeblies all over it and let them stick whereever they landed.
This looks like the "real thing" even though it's a fictional vehicle from a fictional world.

Can't wait to see it painted! And at the same time: Never want to see it painted!

Also, previous post -- Thank You for sharing the gun dimensions. How did I miss the meeting where the guns Go Down from 7/32nds to 3/16ths and then Back Up again to 7/32nds before beginning the final step-down in tube diameters? I never knew that - and it looks so good!

Can't wait to see it painted! And at the same time: Never want to see it painted!

I had the same thought - of course you're going to paint and weather this thing in wonderful fashion, but it'd make a really nice display as a this-is-how-they-were-made, studio-scale-model-in-progress example if left unpainted.

Looking great!

Dan

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back