XWing Parts Maps

Thank you very much for the maps! Great info. I do have some questions though . . .

First, on the Red 3 map, isn't number 9 the Aurora 1/48 M8E2
Munitions Carrier part instead of the Airfix 1/48 Panther G?

Second, on the same map, I can't find number 6 on the picture
(although I do know what and where it is). Unfortunately Red 3
has a "modified" (missing) Hasegawa Sherman turret base.

Lastly, on the aft engine, what would be number 7? Are those
geometric shapes from a kit, or custom-cut sheet plastic? (They
are not part of the Monogram mold). Were those from the U-Boat as
well?

(Please see amended picture attached)

Cheers!

Attachments

• KG-lucasfilm_archived-red3-reference-112_zps0d93d644-.jpg
    KG-lucasfilm_archived-red3-reference-112_zps0d93d644-.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Ok fixed that error thanks.
The #6 is in the middle of the piece.
Are the different size thrusters from the 2 different Phantoms?

Jase,
just wanted to report another error. Droid Strip #9 should also be the Entex/Bandai 1/15 Stermgeshutz VI.

EDIT: Oops, bad copy and paste.....I meant Stug IV

Joe

Last edited:
Talking about the Entex Sturmgeschutz and Bandai Stug IV,I wonder is it the same sprue?
most of the parts looks same when you look at the scan.

Don

The backplates on the X Wings seemingly all originate from the same master. The only difference on Red 5 being the tank fender added on top, labeled part #9. It's from the 1/48 Bandai Panther G, not the Aurora Munitions. #12/13 and #11/17 in the Red 3 photo are just two parts from the Shiden, and not four.

Sorry Paul have been editing wrong sections.
Was wondering where you've been, you changed your username again(as have I)
Corrections made & added that the Shiden parts are one part.
Will do a fresh map tonight & update.
I also missed a Stug clamp on the Droid Strip...

I travel for work, but bust out the old scratch build when possible. Problem is, I'm plugging away at the pyro too and boy it goes slow. Just logged in over at your place, it's been too long.

Looking forward to mapping the cockpit, still a few mysteries there.

Also there's great input from Beaz in the one stop thread about the conical engine cap part that makes the transition from engine to can.

View attachment 216278
Red 3 Back Plate - All other surviving XWings have this Back Plate

This is the first I've seen of a rear mounting plug consisting of just a cast harrow part (untrimmed, yet) that didn't have the Sherman part cast along with it. Were there any like this in production? For some reason this strikes me as a latter day replacement but it's just a hunch.

This is the first I've seen of a rear mounting plug consisting of just a cast harrow part (untrimmed, yet) that didn't have the Sherman part cast along with it. Were there any like this in production? For some reason this strikes me as a latter day replacement but it's just a hunch.
I agree - replacement parts have been seen before. I've never seen any other pictures where the Sherman Turret Base is missing. Red Two was photographed with an unpainted replacement mounting plug during an exhibition in Europe as well.

This thread is very useful and interesting. Thank you very much for posting it.:thumbsup

I've read that soon will publish the cockpit parts list, but I'm working on it right now and need some urgent information:

Does anyone can tell me what the heck is the piece highlighted in red?

Many thanks in advanced.:)
Rafa

Attachments

• cockpit part.jpg
    cockpit part.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 481
It is a great feeling to find a new part, especially when you discover its in a kit you already have!

Hopefully the last few unidentified parts in the cockpit can still be found. Those, and the part used for the 'cone' of the engine. After that its a 100% complete list for the X Wing. Maybe in the future...

I think about it all time.

Your forgetting about the small box shape that sits on top of the Tamiya Easy-Eight grill and under the laser canon on all 4 wings.

Missing Box_01.jpg

-emojo5

Totally! Thanks emojo5!

The wing box is one of greatest X Wing mysteries of them all. Not much detail or tells to go on there.

Maybe by some miracle all of these parts are in one kit.

There are a few things about the missing box to go on. It has 2 (diamond) shapes along the inner facing edge. I don't believe that they are the true shapes. I think that repeated casting have deformed them and that they may have been ribs or rivets originally. The second clue is the half circle/hole in the top of this part. The hole allowed ILM to run wiring for the light on the hero X-wings. ILM could have drilled it into the part or it could be on the original piece. Time will. I've been looking for this piece 4-ever. Really

-emojo5

Nice update. I guess its time for us all to drop our cards. On the cockpit map, #10 is from the Bandai 1/48 Tiger I (thanks to old Nighteyes). #11 is also from the Tamiya Lancaster kit, but it on the landing gear sprue. I've been looking for #17 which is 2 parts (IMHO) for a long time. Also # 6 is from the 1/48 scale M60A1E1. Its the commanders cupola machine gun barrel (At least I believe it is). That kit is used on the Tie Fighter and is ANH vintage. In between #14, #15, and #17 is a real bitch of a part. Its not marked and should be. It might be 2 parts (1 on top of another) but I cant be sure. Good reference is really hard to come by. Well played Jawsmodels.

-emojo5

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back