xdmray Half mask Gen2

once again everyone, thanks a lot for the support. it's comming along nicely, not much left to do i think. finish off the dome detail, and then just the dread hole details.

DSCN7258.jpg

DSCN7257.jpg

DSCN7256.jpg

DSCN7255.jpg

DSCN7266.jpg

DSCN7262.jpg

Looking realy good D.
In some ways, it's a shame it's a half mask, would be good to see you do a full head.....even tho this one still looks ugly ...he's not quite ugly enough.

Oh wow, thats just covered in awesome sauce. I'm loving the details on the dread holes, it really brings the whole thing together. Nice work!

ok the sculpt is done, i am half way through the mold. i'll have pics later. hopefully i'll have a cast out tomorrow night.

EDIT: Well got the mold separated, still working on getting the clay out. a couple dread holes are going to have to be glued back in. and i busted through on one part of the neck while separating it but it's a big piece that i should be able to glue back in. plus it is where the neck ring will be so it shouldn't be seen.
but otherwise the mold seems pretty good so far.

ok so .... once again my mold kinda sucked. i really don't know what i'm doing wrong. maybe i need to switch to ultracal, and stop using the hobby store hydrocal.

so.. i think the beauty coat was too thin or something. it sounds kinda hollow in some places and i had a big hole crack out in the dome. it just keep flaking off.

5 dread holes broke off. i had to glue those back on. when i was separating the mold i busted through on accident and took a triangle piece out. glued that back in.
plus it has a couple cracks. one that i filled with some epoxy in the crown.

this really makes me want to stick to silicone molds. i haven't been able to have a good mold yet with plaster.

meh..... so i will see later tonight what a cast looks like. hopefully the latex won't pull more of the beauty coat off the mold.

here's the carnage.

DSCN7304.jpg

DSCN7306.jpg

DSCN7307.jpg

Triangle piece in neck glued/epoxied back in

DSCN7308.jpg

5 dread holes glued back on

DSCN7309.jpg

flaked off dome glued

DSCN7310.jpg

Crown crack and hole epoxied

DSCN7311.jpg

damn you guys are chompin at the bit. i am going to pour a cleaning cast tonight.
i gotta say though, i don't have high hopes for it. but we will see.
it should fit all the same bios as gen 1. and hopefully a few others.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back