X-34 Landspeeder Dashboard greeble identification

MrV

Sr Member
Everybody seems keen to ID everything these days so i am keen to ID the Dashboard greebles on Lukes ANH X-34 Landspeeder.
I have started this ID sheet which i will update as information comes in.

I saved these images down from the awesome build thread by Geek1138 (photos from Rymo). These photos are from the exhibition the Magic and the Myth that toured the globe years ago. In Australia it was here in 2008.

The green items are a positive ID. Other members have mentioned having similar parts in their "spare parts box" but not a positive ID so i have not included these as green.

Thanks for everybody's help so far.

This is what i have so far...

Attachments

• dash 05 found parts.jpg
    dash 05 found parts.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Dash detail.jpg
    Dash detail.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Interesting. One of the speeder props looked a bit different at time of filming.

(also notice 3PO's shorts are sticking out of his trouser legs again. So untidy!)

Attachments

• speeder.jpeg
    speeder.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 117
Haha-i know. Dont look too close at R2 either- he changes so much through the entire film. Back to front legs, coloured panels etc..
I am pretty sure they had two speeders. One built on the car frame and the other cantilevered on a long arm. Both had minor differences. Not sure if they were further modified for the pick up shots in California.

This exact topic has been covered on the FB POSW or Parts of the OT group already.
I´ll see, if I can find the link.

...Found it:

Lots of parts identified already

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. A few good leads here but still plenty to find. Update pic attached.
Would be good to hear from Cal Pierce aka MonCal as it sounds like he completed a X-34 dash build.

Attachments

• Dash detail.jpg
    Dash detail.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 73
You forgot to add the colored plastic push button caps, which are also used on the imperial rank bars (f.e.) and the small white part in the upper left corner, that I identified as some kind of vintage plug/ connector (have those in my parts boxes, but don´t know their actual purpose)

Yes, lots have already been IDed, would be good to clean up post #1 for newcomers

I doubt the card is from a calculator, those edge connectors are for plugging into larger panels. The square ended gold leads match the V3 cast, Skywalker Ranch Saber and Barbican cards so could possibly from a similar manufacturer. Those cards were all straight/machine soldered instead of this hand-done board

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back