worst financial decision in Star Wars prop history

andy19422

Sr Member
Hi guys, firstly a happy new year to you all.
I thought i would finally get round to telling you a story i heard in the summer. I had to collect a bag of Sterlings:love from a gun shop a couple of hours drive away. The shop was filled with de-act guns as well as a few live ones. I got talking to the owner, a very nice bloke, and found out that he was one of the first dealers to specialize in deactivated weapons in the late 70's. The talk finally got round to the Sterlings and the Star Wars connection, and then he amazed me with this story. The story go's he was called up by the studio to see if he wanted to buy some guns they no longer needed. when he got there he was shown a crate of Sterlings used in Star Wars, but on inspection he found they were made with alloy cast parts and so refused to buy them:wacko these blasters must have been from ROTJ. He also told me his friend picked one up and still has it in a cupboard. Maybe i'll try and ask to get some pics of it.
Out of interest how much dos a screen used ROTJ blaster go for?

That's crazy that a guy refused to buy movie props.

Obviously the prop is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. A price range all depends on the condition, whether it's complete, and whether it has any paperwork or reliable certificate of authenticity. If you can get pictures of the item it'll be easier to figure out a price.

If the item is just a stunt pistol with a lot of missing paint then it could be worth around 7,000 to 10,000 dollars. if it's a hero pistol that's perfect and had a unique back story that somehow involved harrison ford then it could be worth in the 30,000 to 50,000 dollars. But you never know what could happen when it's on the auction block.

Hi guys, firstly a happy new year to you all.
I thought i would finally get round to telling you a story i heard in the summer. I had to collect a bag of Sterlings:love from a gun shop a couple of hours drive away. The shop was filled with de-act guns as well as a few live ones. I got talking to the owner, a very nice bloke, and found out that he was one of the first dealers to specialize in deactivated weapons in the late 70's. The talk finally got round to the Sterlings and the Star Wars connection, and then he amazed me with this story. The story go's he was called up by the studio to see if he wanted to buy some guns they no longer needed. when he got there he was shown a crate of Sterlings used in Star Wars, but on inspection he found they were made with alloy cast parts and so refused to buy them:wacko these blasters must have been from ROTJ. He also told me his friend picked one up and still has it in a cupboard. Maybe i'll try and ask to get some pics of it.
Out of interest how much dos a screen used ROTJ blaster go for?

Were the whole guns alloy or just the rear section and grip ?
Just asking because they used guns with those parts cast in alloy for ANH.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back