Worst "edited for TV' movies

I caught a few minutes of 'Showgirls' on TV once. That's like the ULTIMATE 'why bother movie'. The few minutes I saw was the girl auditioning for something, and she was OBVIOUSLY naked as can be in the real version-- on TV a purple bra was drawn on; it looked like it was done in MS Paint! It kept changing like a cartoon!

Another one I like was RoboCop-- some of the swear words were pretty cleverly changed. 'Once I even called him...........A LOT WORSE', lol
And when Robo has that big shootout in the cocaine factory, the real version is like this:
RoboCop: 'Come quietly or there will be.... trouble.'
Bad guy: 'Awwww, **** YOU!'

On TV it was:
RoboCop: 'Come quietly or there will be.... trouble.'
Bad guy: 'Yeah! For YOU!'

At least that edit made sense, lol

Got it all beat.

'Cheech and Chong's Next Movie'.

They changed the ENTIRE plot to avoid any reference to marijuana.

Even to the point of replacing entire shots of bud-filled bags and fields to shots of 'diamonds'.

Laughably bad.

The Rock:

Sean Connery: Your best? Losers whine about their best. Winners go home and DATE the prom queen. :lol

Got it all beat.

'Cheech and Chong's Next Movie'.

They changed the ENTIRE plot to avoid any reference to marijuana.

Even to the point of replacing entire shots of bud-filled bags and fields to shots of 'diamonds'.

Laughably bad.

hahahahah, i remember this. used to air on Comedy Central all the time.

They edited the heck out of the old G-Force cartoon from the original Japanese, changing entire plots and adding 7-Zark-7, a R2D2 wannabe.

They still do that. You get the original Japanese episodes of shows and it makes you scratch your head as even the storylines seem changed. You watch the version of Dragon Ball that fox used to show and there'd be hand drawn stuff covering the real stuff up all the time.

I'd say "Tropic Thunder" was one of the worst. Not because they edited out foul language, but because they were more concerned about being politically correct. In the TV version, Robert Downey Jr's absolutely hilarious dialog about actors playing mentally disabled roles was edited to..."You neva' go full special."

They also chopped up the trailer in the beginning about the gay monks, which made the trailer look pointless.

Starship Troopers. After all the editing they did, I don't know why they even bothered to show it. I mean they edited almost all the combat scenes which is a huge chuck of the movie. Harold and Kumar go to White Castle is really bad too.

Thankfully up here in Canadia we have a channel called show case that plays tons of cool movies unedited (except during the day) so we get to see all the blood, violence, swear, and boobs we want.

The first Die Hard on amc! They dont bleep the words.... They REMOVE THE WORD! They literally cut the part of the scene with word out of the scene! Its filled with jump cuts!

Original line: "*******? I'm not the one who just got butt-****ed on national TV, *Dwayne*. Now, you listen to me, jerk-off, if you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem. Quit being a part of the ****ing problem and put the other guy back on!"

Changed line: I'm not the one who just got (Jump cut) on national TV, *Dwayne*. Now, you listen to me, (Jump cut), if you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem. Quit being a part of the (Jump cut) problem and put the other guy back on!

Its like a poorly edited youtube video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looney Toons where they just cut out all shooting and chop the instances of violence.
"Wabbit Season!"
"Duck Season!"
"Wabbit Season!"
instant cut to Daffy after he's blasted ... WTF?

Looney Toons where they just cut out all shooting and chop the instances of violence.
"Wabbit Season!"
"Duck Season!"
"Wabbit Season!"
instant cut to Daffy after he's blasted ... WTF?

Let's not forget the entire episodes they hid away due to not being PC. I'm not even sure they're available on dvd anymore.

Return of the Jedi...shown on NBC I think 1988...I remember it was around Easter time and Empire had played just before that last Christmas.

HORRIBLE edits. One of the worst was when the scout troopers find Leia and Wicket. It cuts out the whole fight...it goes from Wicket jumping up and whispering....to him cheering after Leia kills them!:facepalm There were so many more..I remember I hated watching it(had it recorded) but I loved it at the same time.:lol

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back