world map of all fantasy worlds: research

Mithgar - Dennis L McKiernan

When laid up for several months this author thought he would try his hand at his version of Lord of the Rings. It exploded into an original series of books. He is a great story teller.

Couldn't find a good size map.

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series map? Julian May's Many Colored Land, Does it have to be single planet based? The various planets in David Webers Honorverse, or Elizabeth Moon's Familias Regnant. Just to name a few of the various series that I read and re-read constantly.

What about the Warhammer World Map? Loads of pictures, info and details available. It also ties in well with some of the other fantasy worlds i.e. Middle Earth, Narnia etc

What about the Warhammer World Map? Loads of pictures, info and details available. It also ties in well with some of the other fantasy worlds i.e. Middle Earth, Narnia etc

i thought about all of those, but that just wouldnt fit.those are whole worlds that dont have maps with open edges and it would just throw off the put together maps, as they have to be placed appart from other continents.

If you add Hyrule you have to add the worlds from every Zelda Game...

Im ok with Hyrule existing next to Middle-Earth, but Dinotopia?!? :lol

I think Eternia is more a planet than just a country somewhere... I dont know if its more fantasy than science-fiction...

what else is there to zelda? i only remember that it has different parts of hyrule but i dont remember him being anywhere else. the only thing is hyrule varies in the games, so it looks different everytime. i will either go with link to the past, or ocarina of time

also, dinotopia is simple because its just a small island that will fill in nicely ;)
i also thought of liliput but couldnt find anything, and sodor (if you know what that is i tip my hat xD)

whats that from? need to see if i can find anything better documented :)

That's a great idea, I think some of the suggestions might match up quite well. Here are a couple more...

Midkemia from the Raymond E.Fiest books (Some of these are outstanding, some of them are just fodder)

Alagaesia from the Eragon series (only read the first of these, I wasn't overwhelmed!)

those fit quite well, will see where ican put them

David Edding's Elenium/Tamuli series

Philip Jose Farmer's Riverworld

Disney World's Fantasy Land :)
i couldnt find anything on maps on those (well fantasyland, but that doesnt really fit xD)

Hyboria from Conan?
very nice suggestion, found a couple of good ones :)

Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series map? Julian May's Many Colored Land, Does it have to be single planet based? The various planets in David Webers Honorverse, or Elizabeth Moon's Familias Regnant. Just to name a few of the various series that I read and re-read constantly.
wheel of time seems like a whole planet, with north and south ice caps, so its the same as the whole azeroth and stuff
i couldnt find anything on many colored land. and as its only a single map, no different planets (maybe in the future XD)

thanks for all the input

Last edited:
Britania (here, or here) from Ultima? That's a pretty isolated map.
What about Monkey Island? :rolleyes I really love this game.
I also found Morrowind and Arcanum.

I too want to have some video-games' maps on walls. But i'm considering putting them in separate frames, printed in an aged paper. So I don't mind if they go out the borders.
I want to give a "medieval" feeling to my boardgames room, so I'll use that, along with other props. That's the ideia, at least. :rolleyes

How about the land from Willow?

I don't think it was ever given a name in the film. If it was, it eludes me. But I think it would be pretty cool to see someones interpretation of how the land would be laid out. Plot out the Nelwyn Village, Nockmaar, Tir Asleen, etc.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back