Working on SW OC, Need Help with Goggles

rASPONOV

Greetings all

I'm new here so forgive any mistakes I make.
I'm Rasponov, and I'm currently working on a Star Wars Outfit for an OC of mine.
As I'm nearsighted, I'd like to get some goggles and give those lenses on my strength, as I don't often see specacles in the Star Wars Universe

Now, as my OC is a Gunslinger/Merc for hire, and thinkers a lot on equipment and vehicles, I would like to find some Goggles that represent this and fit well in the Star Wars Universe.
But I find little information about goggles in Star Wars

I wonder if any of you veterans could help me out

Kind regards
Ras

There are glasses in the Stars Wars Universe. The Doctor in Madalorian, Maz, one of the Bad Batch clones I think there are some other animated examples.

Goggles are very prominent. Both imperial, and Rebels use them, Luke had some with his hat on Tatooine, Hera, Rook.

the key thing is that you want to choose something that is either unique looking and/or something you can modify.

With actual glasses, you probably are not going to find a frame that is unique enough, and if you do, it’s pro going to be expensive.

I think any prescription whether it is glasses or prescription safety goggles is going to be somewhat high cost unless you can get a benefit from insurance or a need from your employer they are willing to pay for. But you going to have to deal with it as your prescription changes.

I think you should look at eyewear options that you can fit over and hide your current glasses. You can add a unique strap, and some greeblies similar to the details on the pair Beckett wore in Solo when he was disguised as an imperial officer. There is protective eyewear designed to be worn over prescription glassses.

Thanks for the info, I happen to have a good deal with my optician who can help me put prescription lenses in goggles, since I happen to wear and make lots of costumes for cosplay and LARP. but thanks! I can look into that, tho I feel I'll need a pair with smaller lenses as the ones I'm wearing currently have quite big lenses making it hard to fit them in any kind of goggles.

I would recommend getting “Ranger glasses”. They are designed to wear under your pro mask and accept prescription glasses. They SHOULD fit under your helmet, leaving your “in universe” goggles not needing to be actually functional, but just a prop over your helmet, if I understand what you are asking.

Wes

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back