Working jaws

ugossj4

Hi, i have a question: someone can tell me please a mechanisme to put inside my predator mask that allow me to open the jaws.

Some simple mechanism.

Thanks a lot!!!! :) :eek:

LOL! thats the holy grail on here. You'll have more luck creating one then you will finding a working system on the lair, otherwise we'd all have them.

but i have already tested a simple system but i need something that when i open my mouth also the predator open its one, but the movement of my mouth and a predator mouth are very different; so how can i connect the predator's jaws (that opens with an orizzontal movement) and my mouth (that opens with a vertical movment)?

It must exist a mechanism that do that, without a complicted animatronic mask.

hi, thanks a lot for the links... so grusderk method seems to be very unconfortable, because put al the atime a clip in your mouth is not a good idea for your confort. The second method that i've seen, create an helmet with this mehanism seems to be better but is very complicated. Maybe i can do that using an helmet from a brushcutter, that i use cutting out the eye micro mesh for the bio. But nobody of you have a scheme that illustrates how to build a mechansm like that?

It's r1a2s3's system that's the clip. His member name here is predattack. He has made some great costumes using foam.

Grusderk's is the fiberglass underskull with the pulleys. He doesn't come 'round anymore. He does share his Photobucket pics and has a diagram. I'll see if I can find his page this evening.

I can't remember the members name that used an electric screwdriver to power the cables. That kept the mechanism fairly compact.

I have a theory about a working mandible system. It would have four separate small dowel rods cut to the length of each mandible. A wire would be connected to the end of the dowel and would run the length of the dowel. The wire for the bottom dowel rods would run up to meet the wires from the top dowel rods. The wires would go from the top mandible to the persons jaw [who would be wearing the mask] and would be fitted to a chinstrap. Every time the person would open their mouth, the mandible would open. I would attach a spring from the mandible [on the inside of each mandible] to the sintra plate that would be attached to the inside of the mask. This would make the mask close after it would open.

I priced everything around $40 USD and the items came from a local hardware store. I have everything ready, all I need is the sintra and mask.

In theory and on paper, it seems like it would work fine. On a regular latex mask, idk--different story. If animatronic latex was used to make the mask, maybe but I can't say. I never made a mask. I'm in the process of ordering a mask from Mannowar...so maybe I'll try it and see what happens.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back