Wooden Starship USS Enterprise Model

Thank you all. People have asked me what the most difficult part of this project was and for the life of me I can't think of one. It's just a lot of very simple but tedious steps all put together. I think anyone can accomplish works like this, given a bit of patience. I'd encourage anyone to give it a shot.

You must do the Bird of Prey. No question about it; these would be an awesome set.

What would you use for the red tips of the tail feathers? Cocobolo looks about right.

This is Beautiful Craftsmanship beyond anything I would ever dream of accomplishing. You are truly gifted! Have you ever thought of doing the Millenium Falcon? I can only imagine all the small greebles and details you could make from wood.

Such a fine fine piece of art you have created!:cheers

NextGenMaker: I'm pretty sure I'll do the Romulan and Klingon ships now. The cocobolo is a great idea! I love that wood.

jake88: When I was originally deciding what I wanted to do, it came down to 3 ships; the Enterprise, the Millenium Falcon, and the old school Battlestar Galactica. I actually chose the Enterprise because it was the easiest...just lathe work mostly. But...it ended up being more work than I thought...haha.

holy crap that is incredible. Wish my grandfather was alive to see that. I used to sit on the stool in his workshop giving him instructions on how my battlestar galactica viper was to be made and all the details he was missing. That was back in the early 80's. he made them from scratch and painted them for me. This brings back those memories and how great they were. Using no paint but to relief cut in the lettering is incredible.

definitely a true craftsman. Thanks for sharing.

OH. MY. GOD. That is INSANE! So unique and so beautiful:) That inlay work is stunning. I'd like to see what you could to the neck of a guitar! Thanks SO much for sharing this one of a kind masterpiece with us:)

Robert:)

I just came back to the RPF after a few years and I had to comment on this beauty. This is stunning. Your inlay work is incredible. I one thing I love about clear coated woodworking projects is that you have to be extra careful because you can't use putty to fix mistakes. If you did sir, you hid it well. This is just well executed in every aspect.

Joe

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back