Wonder Woman- Batman vs Superman

Panterona

So last weekend I officially started my Wonder Woman build for the Batman vs Superman movie :D
I decided to start with the breastplate first as it seemed the most difficult thing. I wanted it to be armor but also to be form fitting, which is a bit tricky. To achieve this I decided to apply sewing principles and techniques to foam by making a foam corset :D

I first made a foam underbust corset. I then used worbla for the 'boobie cups' and also applied it to the underbust region for rigidity. I didnt carry it further than the waist line because I needed to maintain the flexibility that the foam would offer when it got to the indent in my waist line/hips.
corset foam.jpg

Attachments

• covered with.jpg
    covered with.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 188
20160305_2211311.jpg

Did a pretty basic base paint job on the breastplate today, Will be goin in n adding more shadows and highlights by hand before adding the golden eagle piece to the top. Also added grommets to the back to hold it together.

Progress has been really slow, I apologise. Hopefully the next shots I post will be more impressive

20160305_2211311.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks amazing so far! I'm going to be following this very closely, I'm nervously starting my own Wonder Woman build and this is sooo helpful! I have a quick question, is the foam you're using just regular craft foam or is it a different kind?

Hey hey its regular craft foam :D N sure hopefully this build is helpful to u!

Here is a pic with it on me, I inserted the grommets in it todayww corset try on.jpg

shoes base.jpg
Worked on the shoes today!
I bought these really comfortable and ridiculously high wedges for next to nothing n decided they would make the perfect base.
I wanted them to be extra high so that I look amazonian in height (6ft 1 in these hehe)
I used worbla to get the front shape done, then I wet molded some leather unto the front so that it would be one smooth shape. Then stuck it in place and covered the entire shoe.
My next step would now be the armor pieces that go over the shoe and the shin n knee armor to be completed this week!

The corset looks stunning! I plan on using regular craft foam myself so its awesome to see your results with using craft foam. The shoes look great so far as well, I'm really excited to see the final product.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back