Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

I'm very sad - I've waited so long and now I can't even order an X2 from Jorge at the moment - it's just too much when we are trying to pay for our wedding in 4 months.

But I still wanted to ask - do they make X2s in any lighter weight leather than yours, drool?

The color of that horsehide is really nice looking, but man what a shine it has brand new.

:lol The shine actually made it really hard to take pictures.

I was walking with the jacket on earlier, and passed a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses. One I know from seeing around town, but the other one I didn't. The one I didn't recognize immediately starts telling me what a handsome jacket it was. The other was staring at it for several seconds before finally asking, "X-Men?" I confirmed his suspicions. I've gotten tons of compliments on both the X-1 and X-2, but this is the first time someone has actually recognized where it's from. It's especially interesting since they weren't even the same sleeve colors as in the movie.

I finally made it out to the gun shop and picked up some Aluminum Black to weather the dog tag. Here is how it turned out:

12537-weathered-wolverine.jpg

BTW: I still have these available in the Junkyard.

Hey guys, I'd like a little help with my "Wolverine" jacket. I bought this 9 years ago at one of those Army surplus-type stores in my neighborhood. The rings on the sleeves is what interested me, as it reminded me of the Wolverine jacket. I had gotten really into the jacket that year, but none of the vendors that we have now existed at the time. For 175 bucks, this was a steal. It's a very heavy thick jacket. Thing must weight about 6-8 pounds. The only problem was the sleeves were too long for my short stature (5-2 here, basically like comic book version Wolverine, lol). Well, last year I plunkered down the 100 bucks to get the sleeves shortened, so now I wanna get the rings colored in. Only problem is I have no idea how. I don't even know what material this stuff is. So here's some pics.

IMG_0995.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

It's horse.

I ordered the prototype back at NY Comic Con. I saw it there, and fell in love with it. I suspect I'll probably get the X-0 and the X-3 at some point. I'm not sure which one I'll get first, but right now I can't afford either. I have a feeling that if Dan is at NY Comic Con again this year, I won't be able to leave without ordering at least one of them.

enerv - Glad you are liking the jacket, can't wait to see that guy broken in... Patterson has some awesome pics of how his Horse relaxed after it's initial break-in, those things just become pure awesomeness, can wait to get my own someday whenever they get more Horse in and I can get in line behind the existing customer needs. :)

Enervator- Thanks. Horsey Hide is awesome.

Hey guys, I'd like a little help with my "Wolverine" jacket. I bought this 9 years ago at one of those Army surplus-type stores in my neighborhood. The rings on the sleeves is what interested me, as it reminded me of the Wolverine jacket. I had gotten really into the jacket that year, but none of the vendors that we have now existed at the time. For 175 bucks, this was a steal. It's a very heavy thick jacket. Thing must weight about 6-8 pounds. The only problem was the sleeves were too long for my short stature (5-2 here, basically like comic book version Wolverine, lol). Well, last year I plunkered down the 100 bucks to get the sleeves shortened, so now I wanna get the rings colored in. Only problem is I have no idea how. I don't even know what material this stuff is. So here's some pics.

IMG_0995.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

The stripes seem to be suede. I'm not sure how you want to change the colors of the stripes...darker/lighter?

Primo-

I can ask Jorge for you, but they might end up using the crackled/distressed fashion leather they use for they're X1/X0's.

Thanks for the response. I want them to be something close to the stripes colors on the X1. I understand that going from black to bright yellow would probably be impossible, so something in a faded gold is more what I'm aiming for. They feel like suede, but I've never felt REAL suede before, just imitation lol.

What do you mean by Jorge using crackled/distressed leather? Wouldn't the stripes just be dyed? Also, if you mean talking to them and seeing if I can ship it to them, I'd honestly rather just go somewhere with the jacket here in NY and just have it done. I'm really just interested in knowing what everyone's suggestions are as to how to go about this, as well as the best way to get it done. Thanks though!!

Tylerdurden389-

Suede is hard to dye, for me the colors never come out as they should and that is starting with the suede being a light base color. In your case with the stripes being black I don't think a dye is going to get you good results. You may want to try a gold or tan paint of some kind, but the best thing to do would be to have the suede stripes replaced with the correct color of leather. Then you could even adjust the width of the stripes and the placement.

Do you mean having leather stripes put on the sleeves? Ya know, I never thought of that. Wish I could just dye them though, but if it won't work then no point in trying. Thanks for the comments everyone!!

Tyler, I was addressing Primo's question. But yes, ILF is correct. Stripping the color from suede and redyeing from black is near impossible. You best outcome is gray or brown at best. And if you don't use suede dye, it will no longer maintain suede attributes, it will turn into regular leather. ILF, is also right about your other options, but remember that leather holes won't disappear or blend like fabric, they are permanent.

Im a newbie here and I am looking for a set of plastic wolverine claws? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Been spending some time on my X1 Wolverine display.

wolveymannequin-1.jpg

The Hugh Jackman likeness is a little spotty but the base mannequin is nice and short.

Still trying to find accurate boots but these will have to do for now.

:)

Nick

Just a heads up to Wolverine fans here. I posted this in the JY thread in regards to my Wolverine dog tags.

I am taking temporary orders to Texas till the end of September... maybe longer. I will not be taking my tags with me and I will not be troubling my wife to mail them out for me.

With that being said, if you think you might want a Wolverine tag for your collection or a Halloween costume, you may want to buy it now (before 11 May) because I do not know when i might get a chance to mail any out after that time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back