Wolf in a new look

Eaglewood

Sr Member
I got a crazy idea and pursued it. I had a rubber mold of a wolf bio--not a great mold but usable. I took it to a friend of mine who teaches ceramics classes and we started working on this idea to do a bio in ceramic. So we gave it a shot-- We pressed the clay into the rubber bio mold, let it dry and pulled it out and fired it. Took a lot of time as when the clay dried due to the uneven shape of the bio, it cracked all over the place. We finally got a good one. After bisque firing we then did a RAKU fire. Here it is for your viewing pleasure. The results can be unpredictable. The pics really dont show the rich metallic tones that came out. I will be picking it up tomorrow and take some better pics.
I have an idea that I will throw out there later on after I see this one and another one we are doing.
anyway-- on to it ---this is fresh out of the fire and will look better once it has cooled and been wiped down.

Photo1.jpg.gif

072211172728.jpg.gif

Sorry about this being sideways-- if anyone can rotate it for me that would rock!!!

th_RAKU.jpg.gif

Looks pretty damn cool ! Thanks for sharing.

Sorry for the hijack bro, but whatever happened to the pendants you were making? Any update on those? Thanks man :down:

Looks pretty damn cool ! Thanks for sharing.

Sorry for the hijack bro, but whatever happened to the pendants you were making? Any update on those? Thanks man :down:

no hijack-- I can still do the pendants-- they are not inexpensive in silver tho-- bout $250 each and not sure how many would move here with the economic times ya know. ?? I do requests!!!

no hijack-- I can still do the pendants-- they are not inexpensive in silver tho-- bout $250 each and not sure how many would move here with the economic times ya know. ?? I do requests!!!

Awesome. Thanks. I'll be hitting you up in a couple of weeks via PM :down:

Here are some new pics of the Ceramic Bio-- Loving the different textures and colors-- this was the first go round-- we are doing more as we speak. There are some crazy things we can do with these-- embed metal in to them before firing, etc-- Im going to go crazy here!

P1010488.jpg.gif

P1010487.jpg.gif

P1010486.jpg.gif

P1010485.jpg.gif

P1010484.jpg.gif

P1010483.jpg.gif

P1010482.jpg.gif

P1010481.jpg.gif

P1010489.jpg.gif

Wow raku fire! My brother did this when he was doing pots and scupting years ago.
I always liked the way it turned out, and was very intresting to look with the swirls effects etc.
Looks amazing done on the wolf bio!

I absolutely love raku firing. Just wish I could get back into it. No facilities here to do it at... One day Ill get a place of my own and start doing more raku ;)
Beautiful piece!

Looks like it has become somewhat irridescent - an often uncommon but sought after look seen in stained glass. Cool lookin' Bio, Eaglewood!

Awesome use of Raku

I did a whole series of skulls using various raku techniques. You ought to try some battle damaged bios using Raku - it makes such excellent cabonized looks.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back