Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doubletree hotel--2 person is $149, 3 or 4 person $159

• Crowne Plaza--starting at $132/night

• other--Please specify

• Total voters
[quote name='hunter's prey' post='88659' date='May 14 2008, 05:21 PM']gas is looking like an issue for me.... $3.79 is the cheapest in town and it took close to $50 for mom to fill up our car yesterday....

I'm still hoping to go, but I won't know until closer.... I hate it when this **** happens to me :unsure:[/quote]

Hey, at least you live in the state. There's others planning on coming from other states that need to drive multiple hours to get there and they're still going. Besides the gas money to get there, it's typically been around $11.00 a day to park around that convention center.

Ok... I really need people who know for a fact that they're going and are planning to stay at the Hyatte to PM me!! Please let me know by June 13th. This way I can cancel any rooms we don't need and let everyone know how much they owe. Thanks guys!!

The way it's looking for me, I probably won't know for certain until either the thursday or friday of the con.... depends on if any of my geek friends are going for me to carpool with 'em.

Alright!! It's June 1st!! Wizard World Chicago is just a few weeks away!! Woot!! Are ya gettin' excited?? I know I am. Anyway.. I've gotten only one PM.... so again..... IF YOU ARE GOING TO WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO AND ARE PLANNING ON STAYING IN ONE OF THE ROOMS I RESERVED AT THE HYATT, PLEASE PM ME BY JUNE 18TH. THIS WAY I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH PEOPLE WILL OWE AND CAN CANCEL THE ROOMS WE DON'T NEED. Now... here's an update on the confirmed list:
  1. Me
  2. Mcguyver
Thats 2 people. Two of my best friends are also gonna try and come along... anyone else??

[quote name='hunter's prey' post='91633' date='Jun 1 2008, 03:09 PM']I won't know until the day before, probably... it'll depend on what the folks get back in their econ-stim check.[/quote]

-$600 for singles
-$1200 for married couples + $300 for each dependent (child) they were able to claim...up to $2400 (I think that's the limit)
-you are deducted money if you owe back taxes or any other money to the IRS

Just in case anyone else here wants to know how much their stimulus checks will be or when it'll be mailed out, click on the link below.

www.irs.gov/

According to the schedule, it looks like I got really lucky here and can expect mine to arrive a week or two before WWC. Sweeeeeeeet!

I ca't make heads or tails of the IRS site :)

we're closing in on 3 weeks, guys..... how's everyone's progress coming?

All I gotta do is repaint my feet, get the soccer and baseball shinguards, paint 'em up, add my trophies, and I'll be good to go.

Well..... I still gotta get the cash, first......

If I end up just going for a day instead of the weekend, it'll be on saturday. ;)

It looks as if my group will be able to make it to our hotel on Friday night, so that we won't have to drive in the morning Saturday. We will be staying until Sunday. I am the only pred, but one of my friends is planning on going as Aeon Flux.

I just spoke with the folks and they gave me the run-around. :)

Turns out we're only getting $900 back on the econ-stim check and that has to go toward a house payment that got jacked up somehow.

It seems the only way for me to go is to hitch a ride with Aaron (MacGuyver) or daywalker and pray that I can scrounge up $50.

Daywalker probably won't go... his job has been messing with him every tiem he turns around.

My folks don't like me riding with a stranger, so I don't know how I'll swing this....

what job I did have (mowing my neighbor's lawn) fell out from under me... I tried to get a raise from $20 to $25 a week due to gas and the S.o.B. said no and dropped me. ;)

If I can't attend..... I'll make up for it with a "blair witch" type movie with the suit... more for my own boredom than anything else....

just wodneirng how many on the original list are still planning on goign....

how's everybody's suit coming along? If everything goes well, I will be in a good place on mien by the friday of the con.....
the way it's looking I *might* be a saturday guy...

If' I'm there, I'll need to borrow a room to swap gear... the Rebel Legion needs someone to help man the table on saturday and the jedi presence is.... lacking, this year.

Sorry Hunter's Prey, but I won't be able to pick you up on my way to WWC. I'm going to be heading out to Chicago very early Friday morning in order to pick Kari up from the train station and there's only enough room for one extra person in my lil' car once all the gear is accounted for. Hope you're still able to get there somehow and join us at WWC on Sat though.

I've still got a few things to finish up on my suit, including repainting the entire bottom half of my skin which I decided to do at the last minute. :)

T-Minus 9 days & counting...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back